Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where the drain plug for the radiator is? I looked at the diagram on kiatechinfo and still can't find it.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,504 Posts
Right side bottom.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
If it is like any other Hyundai/Kia radiator I have seen, the drain plug will be GREEN.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys. After looking for a while I finally found it... it's hidden up under that plastic cover on the bottom of the car. Now the problem is I can't get the stupid cover off. Any special secret to getting it off? I took all the retaining clips off and all the bolts but one... there's one bolt in the middle towards the front that will NOT come off. It just keeps spinning and spinning. I looked on kiatechinfo and all it says is to remove the clips and bolts... should be simple enough but for some reason one bolt just keeps spinning. I got some pictures of it... I tried gripping on to the other side of the bolt and it still won't come off.

Other side of bolt from above the undercarriage splash guard thing:

·
Registered
2013 Sportage SX
32 Posts
It would better serve you to (carefully)disconnect the lower radiator hose to drain the system

·
Registered
2012 KIA Sportage EX AWD Premium Pkg, 2001 Ford F150
9 Posts
Looks like you've got a broken kep nut.

Need to put vise grip locking pliers on the nut (cylinder).
With plenty of penetrating oil then try unscrewing.

You may need to vise grip the other end too.

Might not be safe to apply heat or a drill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts