Kia Forum banner

where to find accessories for a 2017

4K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  rvoll 
#1 ·
Greetings forum!! I just joined and I am picking up my first kia this afternoon from a dealership. It is a 2017 ex black with black leather. It has 33k miles and from the test drive I did yesterday.. I'm super excited. I have been a chevy guy for years and my older brother told me I should give kia a try. Said I would be surprised... I was wow what a great feeling vehicle.

Do you guys have any suggestions I should do with it at that 30kish mile mark?

Also where can I find accessories for this year. I'd love to get brush guard, lift kit, luggage rack, running boards... I want to deck it out. I have pretty impressive fabrication skills(built a car from scratch) so if you guys know of any mods that require customizing something.. I can do it.

Again I'm just excited and reaching out to the community as I do with all my fun vehicles to make some kia friends and learn.

thank you so much for chiming in.

#4 ·
Greetings forum!! I just joined and I am picking up my first kia this afternoon from a dealership. It is a 2017 ex black with black leather. It has 33k miles and from the test drive I did yesterday.. I'm super excited. I have been a chevy guy for years and my older brother told me I should give kia a try. Said I would be surprised... I was wow what a great feeling vehicle.

Do you guys have any suggestions I should do with it at that 30kish mile mark?

Also where can I find accessories for this year. I'd love to get brush guard, lift kit, luggage rack, running boards... I want to deck it out. I have pretty impressive fabrication skills(built a car from scratch) so if you guys know of any mods that require customizing something.. I can do it.

Again I'm just excited and reaching out to the community as I do with all my fun vehicles to make some kia friends and learn.

thank you so much for chiming in.
Google is your friend.... Lots of things on eBay.... Once you know the part number, search for that to get the best price. This is not a great off road car, so I'm not sure about the lift kit. I got my luggage rack from a dealer with the best price. Running boards are on eBay. I did add some 12v outlets and wired a fuzz buster in my 2017 EX. You can see the little things I got in my signature. Let me know if you have any questions....

#6 ·
well that bites... I didn't get notified that anyone replied to my this thread other then the moderator about my signature. I was thinking this was a dead site.... sorry for the delayed response guys.

thank you, thank you, thank you for chiming in. I love car sites and use them for all my builds.... I have some quite epic builds if I don't say so myself ;) lol These types of sites make it possible for us all to be mechanics and unlock more joy out of our rides.

So like mentioned above .. ya my ideas are all for looks but mainly because I don't know of any performance mods I can do to this drivetrain. but in all fairness.. after two day of owning this sportage... wow I love it!!! the get up and go for me seems quite nice compared to the other vehicles in this class I was test driving last week. I love the way it handles, the interior to me is great so all n all .. I'm a happy camper right now. We already have some sports cars and a new Silverado so trying to make this a monster...just isn't necessary. just want to add a little fun flare.

so as to mods.. I want to lift it just a little so I can get some more aggressive tires under there... nothing to crazy I'm not a young guy anymore but I want it to look more off-road.

As far as being not good for off road.. like mentioned I don't plan on rock crawling but i'm sure it will do just fine for the trails in northern Michigan where we go four wheelin. no big hills to climb just the occasional soft trail that is a little to wet.

the photo attached is what got me wanting to do some mods... not to replicate it but the general look/feel of this sportage is sweet! lol

Attachments

#9 ·
https://www.aliexpress.com/

Besides ebay.com aliexpress.com is probably the best site for Kia Sportage accessory stuff. I purchased numerous things from there.
Thanks for the tip.

I still haven't found a lift kit .. not to confident I will. I might need to make my own. I just want to lift it 1.5' .. I'm looking into what it would take to do rite with out hurting drivability. other then that I will probably just being doing things like mud guards, brush guard, maybe luggage rack and stuff like that.

#11 ·
GREAT SUGGESTION!! I will look into it. if anyone else knows, please share.

TexanEagleScout.. you get the star for the day lol

I will say this guys after driving this sportage for almost a week now... I love it. it really is a well built little suv. I'm very pleased with it. My only complaint is whoever had it before me smoked. so I'm trying to find ways to get that smell out of there. its super clean but I can still smell it.. why do people put that stuff in there lungs :sick:

#19 ·
Do you have any plans for yours? Or have you done anything yet? I added a sub box and amp last week. I am going to order that lift kit you just shared and i want a brush guard with some more aggressive tires... not to aggressive but something like a bf goodrich all terrains.

#20 ·
Awesome, please let me know how it goes, I may order one as well. I have KO2s and a Roof top tent, would like to get a front brushguard or bumper made. Also going to make some skid plates. Also considering some hubcentric wheel spacers. But we will see.

#21 ·
This thread is giving me the itch to modify my Sportage.

If I do the lift using that kit that was posted, the side steps that I've also been interested in buying and installing won't look as stupid or unnecessary. I'm pretty sure the lift would necessitate an alignment but it's hard getting a good alignment done anywhere these days.

I know that the majority will disapprove, but I want to drill a large hole (maybe 3/8") in the exhaust pipe someplace right before the muffler to give it a louder sound. But I want to drill in a position where I'd be able to easily put a band clamp over the hole if I ever want to undo the modification.

#22 ·
I know that the majority will disapprove, but I want to drill a large hole (maybe 3/8") in the exhaust pipe someplace right before the muffler to give it a louder sound. But I want to drill in a position where I'd be able to easily put a band clamp over the hole if I ever want to undo the modification.
If you want to do it right, just have a muffler shop install an exhaust cutout. Putting a hole in the wrong place could cause significant damage to your car -- or worse -- could cause a fire. If it is worth doing (and I would not do it), do it right....

Reactions: 106IFA
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.