Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sportage diesel
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought a 2012 Sportage Crdi last year and unfortunately where I live the headlight LEDs became standard until 2013 model year. Does anybody know where I could find replacement headlight assemblies with LED´s?

Would this be just a bolt on replacement?

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
well sorry to say that your instrument panel module may be different, as a lot of sorento owners wanted to have the led tail lights, and its a different wiring... so you might have to get aftermarket ones instead of stock headlights with drls..

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
So i bought a 2012 Sportage Crdi last year and unfortunately where I live the headlight LEDs became standard until 2013 model year. Does anybody know where I could find replacement headlight assemblies with LED´s?

Would this be just a bolt on replacement?
Wont work.. your sportage have to come stock with led DRLs. Stock non DRL sportages has a different program on the BCM so adding a stock headlight with DRL will not function on a non DRL sportage... There are aftermarket but they wont function as DRLs as they are wired with the parking lights.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2011 Kia Sportage EX, however, here on Puerto Rico (US)...the 2011 EX does not come with DRL...will it have the module to power on the DRL on a Factory headlight as it is an EX model?

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
I have a 2011 Kia Sportage EX, however, here on Puerto Rico (US)...the 2011 EX does not come with DRL...will it have the module to power on the DRL on a Factory headlight as it is an EX model?
I could be wrong but, usually with the sportage if it doesnt come stock I highly doubt it will work.

·
Registered
NA V, K3
259 Posts
You can always add your own, though they won't be DRLs. You can make them DRLs by connecting them to a 12V power supply that's one when the car is on and shuts off when the car is off, otherwise you have to use them as your parking lights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah I'm considering those "drl" add-on's from exledshop.
Just not sure if they require you to open the headlight, or if there's an easy way to do so without mucking them up!
Anyone know??

·
Registered
NA V, K3
259 Posts
I think you have to open the headlight..not sure how else you would do it. Magic? I wonder if they can sell it with it already installed. Might lose the DRL function though, the pins might be different. still worth a shot. If you lose the DRL, then you just have to use the parking lights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi I'm in Chicago. I'm also puertorican. I have a 2012 sportage lx when I bought it the dealer said it was impossible to add the factory LEDs, that's bs I work at a customer car shop an I was able to buy them from kia(Japan) an install them. They work 100% like factory,, even better let me kno if I can help you in any way it took me 45min to remove my factory an install the LEDs !!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts