Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for almost an hour under the vehicle (KIA Sportage 2008). Can someone please help me point out in the right direction?

·
Memorial Super Moderator
2,861 Posts
If the Sportage is fitted with a drain it most likely is only a plastic phillips headed screw positioned low in the bottom radiator tank, my Cerato has a drain of that type. I'm sure a fellow owner will respond and let you know for sure. I think your owners handbook should have a section about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked up the owners manual, I do not see any information on the drain plug location. I have another car (Hyundai Elantra) and I have no problem finding that plug in it.

·
Memorial Super Moderator
2,861 Posts
Come on fellow owners , is there a drain fitted?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I don't believe this has the phillips head drain plug in the bottom of the radiator. Look on the passenger side of the radiator (easier to view from the bottom). It has a regular drain cock. Best of luck.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I was looking for mine just yesterday. I stuck my head under there and seen a white plug. But my radiator is not the original, it might not even be from a sportage.
I was able to add antifreeze to a full radiator without draining it. I used a turkey baster. While the car was off, I sucked up as much fluid as I could, then added antifreeze. Then I started the engine. Using the turkey baster, I kept taking out and putting in the fluid. Within 15 minutes, I had half the jug in there. BUT the water started getting pretty HOT.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Passenger side, back of radiator at bottom. Mine has "butterfly shaped" things on it used to turn it. I can see mine by squatting at the front right tire, look through wheel weld in front of the tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts