Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I assume yours is a petrol?
IIRC (petrol models are not populor in the UK, I've only serviced a couple) it's on the front of the engine, sort of right hand side.. it's only a small cartridge one.

Diesel one is near the back of the engine just above the steering rack.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by Murphwiz@Nov 11 2004, 03:58 PM
I assume yours is a petrol?
IIRC (petrol models are not populor in the UK, I've only serviced a couple) it's on the front of the engine, sort of right hand side.. it's only a small cartridge one.

Diesel one is near the back of the engine just above the steering rack.

I drive a right handed Sorento. My oil filter is located on the right side of the engine. Its easy to spot once the car's jacked up.

I was wondering if you knew Murphwiz how to drain and WHEN to drain the water from the diesel engines sendimenter

The light comes on when I hit the key into ignition and it off's when the car is ON. Does this mean its still safe to drive? The dealer said that its okay unless your driving with the sendimenter warning sign on. I tried flushing out the water once by using the prime plunger pump but all I squirted out was oil and the light still remained.

Do you own a diesel by the way ?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Water light should come on to test, only worry about draining it if the light comes on whilst driving.
The Filter is on the left of the car (opposite oil filter), half way up on the inner wing, easier to change from below, but messy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts