Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Kia cee'd 2
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am currently putting a sub box in my ceed and I have wired up the stereo already but the only problem I have is where do I put the red power cable thought the car into the engine bay :confused:

Has anyone got a picture of how they put the fuse and wire in on the engine bay
Any help would be great

·
Registered
Kia Pro Ceed
34 Posts
take off wheel, take off wheel arch, you will see a grommit

Poke though grommit and up toward engine bay

make sure it cant rup on anything

·
Registered
Pro Ceed 2 1.6 CRDi (113)
182 Posts
How did you connect upto the radio, does it have preouts? I know basics of audio but wouldn't know where to start taking the car to bits to get my sub connected up, i think the standard stereo is quite bassy, but then again I could be telling myself hat so I dont feel so bad leaving my sub in the cupboard.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Muppet and Alcpone, check out the sticky Audio Upgrade Guide threads atop this forum.
One of them has full instructions & photo's of how and where to fit the fat red power cable from car to engine bay, install an amp, fit after market 6.5" speakers and decent cables into doors :)

·
Banned
130 Posts
Hi

I am currently putting a sub box in my ceed and I have wired up the stereo already but the only problem I have is where do I put the red power cable thought the car into the engine bay :confused:

Has anyone got a picture of how they put the fuse and wire in on the engine bay
Any help would be great

I would ban subs in cars, the bass can be extremely annoying and I am a Hi-Fi addict.

·
Registered
739 Posts
It is if you haven't your car stereo correctly tuned.
I have friends of mine that do Sound Quality competition and the Sub has to be there.

Each component has each frequency... and don't confuse sound quality with SPL.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Agreed, the very best audiophile home hifi setups have a decent subwoofer, as most normal speakers (even floor standers) can't relay much below 60-70hz.

I was a hifi geek many moons ago, haven't the space or money to be these days, sadly :(
I'll never sell my old NAD amp though :D

·
Registered
Kia Pro Ceed
34 Posts
I have indeed, I have changed all mine about

I have swapped the Stereo for a touch screen Pioneer unit with a MKi9100 Parrot kit, I have an active sub in the boot and all the wiring is now present for a reversing camera.
I also put in connections for Playstation or Xbox!

Re the sub being annoying - My headunit allows the bass to be cut from the door speakers so they now produce the highs and mids with the sub doing the harder work

If you need any other help just shout! Where are you based?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts