Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to pull my dash apart and take out my radio. in the ollllee days lol I would just use one of the fuses in the fuse box that powered up when I turned the key. does anyone know where I could do something similar for a 2017 kia sportage. I already have the power wire from the battery for all time power.

thanks

·
Registered
2013 LX & 2020 EX KIA Sportages
76 Posts
I don't want to pull my dash apart and take out my radio. in the ollllee days lol I would just use one of the fuses in the fuse box that powered up when I turned the key. does anyone know where I could do something similar for a 2017 kia sportage. I already have the power wire from the battery for all time power.

thanks
I always use fuse taps. Get a cheap test light and find a fuse that only has power with ignition on. Unplug fuse. Plug in fuse tap. Plug just removed fuse in tap closest to plug in. The tap uses a second fuse for the device you are providing power to. In your case radio. Just connect hot from radio to fuse tap wire. They even provide crimp lug. Here is a link from NAPA. This is the one that will work with KIA type fuses. Amazon has them to. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NW_785170?partTypeName=Fuse+Tap&keywordInput=fuse+tap

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow thank you for that!! I didn't even know they had those ... crud.. I'm getting old lol

I used to live and breath for hooking up stereo systems in the 90's and now everything is .... I'm old !!!
:cry::ROFLMAO:

But I still love my stereo's so I put a 3000watt Alpine type R 10" sub in the back.. I had it hooked up up but it kept killing my battery cuz I was using all time power so thank you again. and ya the stereo sounds soo much better with a sub ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts