Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Ordered a new 05 Sportage ,FWD 4 cyl model 6 weeks ago. Got a call from the dealer last night and he tells me that they do not know if and when they will get any,let alone the colour I ordered.BUT they can get me a 4x4 6 cyl with full options as the FWD hmmmmmmmmm They asked to to come in and take a look at it,told them I already know what it looks like hehehe, the bottom line will be what kind of deal they are going to give me.Through a friend I have learned that they already have a buyer for my trade in a 2001 Sportage with 35,000 km auto,in perfect shape inside and out

I live in Quebec Canada anyone else in Quebec or Canada having diffuculites getting their orders?

thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
You want a base model Sportage with no AWD in a northern climate? Good luck. Older 2WD Sportages were also rare and hard to get, unless you were in Florida where they were a dime a dozen. And I doubt Kia can directly ship vehicles from the Southern U.S. into Canada. So whatever allocation of vehicles come directly from Korea to Canada is what you'll get. I'll bet less than 5% of them will be 2WD.

I didn't even know that Honda made the CR-V with no AWD until I saw one in North Carolina this past Christmas. There was a big empty space where the rear differential would normally sit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts