Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Rio S UB 2012
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell m where exactly are the sensors that detect whether there is someone sitting on the rear seat ?

The seat is empty and while I am driving, I get occasionally the seat belt signal saying that someone at the back does not have their seatbelt on. I assume it could be faulty sensor but wanted to have a look myself if its something easy to fix before I have to go through the hassle of booking it into service, take time off work etc etc.

thanks

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
wasn't aware there was any warning for rear seats, only driver's and passengers. Doesn't appear to be anything mentioned about rear passengers in the 2013 Rio US Owners manual.

We don't know where you are located or what model you are driving?

I have a Soul and there is nothing regarding a warning for rear passengers wearing seatbelts.

·
Registered
Kia Rio S UB 2012
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
sorry, my car is :

Australian KIA Rio S UB Link

here is a photo of the little lights that light up depending on where the passenger sits with no seatbelt:

there are 4 lights :

1. front passenger
2. rear left passenger
3. rear center passenger
4. rear right passenger

one of the rear passenger lights comes on intermittently , it gets annoying as it goes off for few seconds, then its ok for brief moment and straight away off again for few minutes.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
would be helpful if you could fill out your location and DRIVES info on the left side as vehicles are not equipped the same worldwide.

I don't think this is a feature of North American Rio's.

·
Registered
Kia Rio S UB 2012
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, I updated my location and car info.

you are right, I looked at the American Kia website and the 5 door Rio showed there does not have this feature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts