Kia Forum banner

When was your car built?

5K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  OzSLS 
#1 ·
I just ordered the shark fin antenna for my R5. In order to do so, I had to get the paint code. When I went looking for it I realized that my car was built on Feb. 2012. I ordered my car back in November of last year. And I took delivery in mid April. From my numbers it appears that it took 3 months to build it from time of order and it took another 2 months to deliver it after it was built.

I'm just curious to know what the turn around was for those of you who ordered the car to your specs, if you were to use the build date as a basis. Interesting to compare Canada vs. US vs. Australia vs. etc.

#2 ·
your dealer with your complete VIN will be able to tell you the exact date it was built. The door post date will only give you the month and year so you don't really know which part of the month it was actually built.

I did not factory order mine but my Soul was built on September 26, 2011 and took delivery at the dealership on November 12th (was obtained from another dealership) - so that was pretty fast when you consider how far it has to travel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.