Kia Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sedona EX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I forgot about this thread. Alright you ready for it? it was all 3 engine mounts. The trans and engine one were both siting on the metal with no rubber cushion. Took it to a stupid dealer who told me they couldn't find the problem. Took me a little while but found the engine mounts. Im replacing the last one today. Vibrations are gone. No thanks to the crappy dealer. And what in the holy moly would make engine mounts go bad at 80k 2016 van? Talk about crappy oem parts.

about the rear shocks... they made them different so that other model shocks cant fit on there. Thanks kia! thats why there isn't any aftermarket. They would have to produce a whole line just for this stupid van. Im trying to figure out if i cant make a bracket so that I can put a bilstien on. got dang capitalism! sorry for spreading frustration.

·
Registered
2016 Sedona EX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
thanks man. It’s been a little rough. This is the newest car I’ve ever bought. Sorta thought these adventures would be not so for newer vehicles
Glad you got the vibration sorted out.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sedona SX
6 Posts
thanks man. It’s been a little rough. This is the newest car I’ve ever bought. Sorta thought these adventures would be not so for newer vehicles
Ok I am having the exact same issues! We have 62,000 miles, and suddenly the ride quality has severely diminished! It feels really bad backing out of the driveway, like the tires are rubbing or something. Going over rocky roads feels absolutely horrible. However, going over speed bumps and things actually doesn't feel too bad. We took it in somewhere, but they said they didn't see any issues. My initial thought was the struts, but after reading this I think it could the engine mounts that you've mentioned. What's the best way to find a mechanic who can properly diagnose what's wrong and fix it? I have no mechanical aptitude nor knowledge of car repair.

·
Registered
2016 Sedona EX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Not a dealership. Not a jiffy lube. Find a shop that is a mechanical repair place like Napa shops are ok. Napa should be able to handle that. Tell them engine mount and trans mount in question. Mine showed no signes of breakage but they were letting the motor and trans sit rivht down on metal. No margin to move further downward. Show Napa my response here and they will understand. ALSO, Kia has changed part numbers for the mounts so likely they figured out the mounts are failing. Tell them get update mount part numbers. Tell them, if this is the case, CHANGE ALL THREE MOUNTS. It imperative and expensive but it will not fix it by changing just one. Probably about 500$ in mounts from Korea

·
Registered
2016 Sedona EX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Not a dealership. Not a jiffy lube. Find a shop that is a mechanical repair place like Napa shops are ok. Napa should be able to handle that. Tell them engine mount and trans mount in question. Mine showed no signes of breakage but they were letting the motor and trans sit rivht down on metal. No margin to move further downward. Show Napa my response here and they will understand. ALSO, Kia has changed part numbers for the mounts so likely they figured out the mounts are failing. Tell them get update mount part numbers. Tell them, if this is the case, CHANGE ALL THREE MOUNTS. It imperative and expensive but it will not fix it by changing just one. Probably about 500$ in mounts from Korea
Engine mounts is exactly what you said. Nothing over speed bumps but over say, train tracks or rough road, it’s like the dashboard and steering wheel want to rattle apart. Big loud terrible vibrations

·
Registered
2016 Sedona EX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Other thing. If this is the case. I would not recommend driving it around with broken mounts. Not that you need to tow it in, but don’t be driving and ignorning the sound. You could ruin your engine.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sedona SX
6 Posts
Engine mounts replaced - it feels so much better! When the car initially starts up, I barely feel any vibration at all. There's still some ride quality issues I want to investigate, which I think might be shock related, but overall replacing the mounts has definitely been worth it.

·
Registered
2016 Sedona EX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Right on. Glad you found problem. Dealership told me they couldn’t reproduce which means they won’t look any further then driving it around the block and then will lie and say they can’t hear it. This one was a tough one to diagnose. Cmon Kia, here’s engine mounts at 61,000 and mine at 85,000. That’s about 120k too soon. Send us some compensation!!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts