Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
V50, Passat, Eurovan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a 6/7-seater, and am very interested in the 2014 Sorento I saw shown at the NAIAS. Anyone have a dealer/KiaUSA contact that knows when we might start seeing these? Thanks,

Kipa

·
Registered
SWP 2012 Sorento SX AWD
39 Posts
I'm in the market for a 6/7-seater, and am very interested in the 2014 Sorento I saw shown at the NAIAS. Anyone have a dealer/KiaUSA contact that knows when we might start seeing these? Thanks,

Kipa
Yep, confirmed by my dealer who - unwisely - tried to get me to trade in my '12 for a '13. WTF - no. If I really wanted to trade in, I'd wait for the '14 next month (not likely either).

·
Registered
2017 Sorento EX 4T GDI
20 Posts
Will the West Point factory in Ga still be making the 2013 Sorento after the 2014 are released or has the last run of 2013's finished. Guess all the engines 4 & V6 will be GDI. I am very happy with my standard V6. I think the jury is still out on GDI. I know it will much more expensive to repair the GDI portion. Extended warranty definitely needed!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Four 2014 LX's arrived today at the Northtown Kia, Buffalo, NY dealership. My wife and I had gone to the Buffalo Auto Show and was told by the rep there that they had come in this morning. We stopped at the dealership after the show and they hadn't been cleanup yet but were indeed 2014 models.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
Looked at the interior it has those ugly shifters with the large button and straight down shift action. Bummer, the current ones look so much more expensive and sporty. The center counsels are very nice though... And I hear the 3.3 is nasty! Have not driven one yet, though.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Looked at the interior it has those ugly shifters with the large button and straight down shift action. Bummer, the current ones look so much more expensive and sporty. The center counsels are very nice though... And I hear the 3.3 is nasty! Have not driven one yet, though.
I'm assuming by 'nasty', you mean good?

I can't wait to see how it performs.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
I'm assuming by 'nasty', you mean good?

I can't wait to see how it performs.
i completely agree. the T-shifter is just big and clunky and looks hideous.
Yesh, here in da south, many unpleasant words mean the opposite. :)

Hideous is a good work for it. And the back ends look just as bad. Looks like Ill be sticking with the 13 for many more years!

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
573 Posts
Thing I hate most about the new sorento? Ugly shifter!
If they retained the gate-type one, might be trading mine soon LOL

Also, i'm not sure if it was only me or those fogs standing vertically is also not pretty?

Dig the tail lights though. Audi-inspired.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts