Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi need some help identifying problem , car runs normally going straight. But when you go on a small circle parking or turning tight rear wheels judder almost like it’s stuck.weve had it in garage transfer box replaced oil and no joy. Kia don’t no what the problem is.

·
Super Moderator
9,211 Posts
Update user CP with location, vehicle model and year

Hi need some help identifying problem , car runs normally going straight. But when you go on a small circle parking or turning tight rear wheels judder almost like it’s stuck.weve had it in garage transfer box replaced oil and no joy. Kia don’t no what the problem is.
Please update your profile detail, ......at least location and vehicle (year & model).

Click on “User CP” near the top right of the page, then "Edit Your Details" on the left.

Not available on mobile.

http://www.kia-forums.com/forum-rules/27240-forum-rules.html

·
Registered
139 Posts
See if this helps: http://www.kia-forums.com/2014-2015-sorento-forum/199345-awd-slipping-rear-slipping.html

I had the same problem with my 2014 Sorento LX AWD V-6. (See Post #77 in the link above). After reading this thread, it turns out the problem is often the rear AWD coupler. (It's located where the rear differential would be on a rear-wheel-drive car). I took it in and the dealer replaced it under warranty, which is good since it would have been over $1,000.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
See if this helps: http://www.kia-forums.com/2014-2015-sorento-forum/199345-awd-slipping-rear-slipping.html

I had the same problem with my 2014 Sorento LX AWD V-6. (See Post #77 in the link above). After reading this thread, it turns out the problem is often the rear AWD coupler. (It's located where the rear differential would be on a rear-wheel-drive car). I took it in and the dealer replaced it under warranty, which is good since it would have been over $1,000. .
Sorry, but not really relevant. Totally different drive train.
@Musgrove786: TOD or not?? (UK XE or XS/XT/Titan)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Did you get your car fixed?

Today I have logged on to this forum for advice as I now have the same problem with my Kia Sorentro 2005 automatic that you had. My car has been a lovely effortless smooth drive until I recently had to have the hand break cable changed as it was not working at all (no resistance when you pulled up the hand break). Since then my car started juddering when slowly turning right such as pulling away from a junction. The car then started juddering also when turning left or reversing at low speed.

When you get into the car and start to drive when the engine is cold the car seems to drive fine, but then after driving it for a few miles and the car has warmed up it then would judder at low speed when turning the wheel such as manoeuvring into a parking space, but seemed ok when driving straight. This has now been going on for a couple of months and progressively getting worse. I have taken it back to a local (good) garage who have worked on our cars before and after test driving the car and inspecting it underneath said it was the Universal Joint. This they replaced (£350) and said the car is now was working as it should. But that wasn't the case, so I took it to a Kia garage for a second oppion, explained the issue and said it now had a new Universal Joint. The mechanic took it for a test drive and put it on the ramps and had a brief look underneath, but he couldn't diagnose the fault and just said I would need to book it in for further investigations and suggested I first took it back to the garage who fitted the UV joint.

I have since taken it back to my local garage where two different mechanics have spent time investigating and test driving it and have now said I need to replace the transfer box. - I am reluctant to do this straight away until I have sought further advice as they may well be miss diagnosing the fault again and fitting a large expensive item that may not even be necessary.

Therefore, if you managed to get your car correctly diagnosed and fixed this would help me greatly!

Look forward to hearing from you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
EelcoH
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing