Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Sephia, 2006 Spectra
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi does anyone know how to replace the front wheel tuds?
There's no room in the back the take them out.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,129 Posts
Replacment by kia shows whole hub assembly. On my sephia, we grinded a little down to get out and in. Dunno if its all that safe, but, it was better than the 300 dealer wanted for the hub.

·
Registered
2001 Sephia, 2006 Spectra
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm not sure if I would like to grind them, I'll see how much a shop will charge to change them.

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,129 Posts
Mine was done at the shop with a friend. If there is no room, a mechanic isn't going to magically find room, if you can't.
As said, Kia parts list shows only a whole hub replacment. No studs part #. I did get a part from regular parts store, but you/shop will have to grind down a little. Not off stud, off hub.
Took the shop at least an hr.

It was years back, but that was something I remember being a total PITA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi does anyone know how to replace the front wheel tuds?
There's no room in the back the take them out.
got mine replaced yesterday, you have to jack ur wheel,disassemble your hub, remove disc, remove center bolt on hub, remove, caliper, remove tie rod end, shocks and ball joint.now you can take out the hub where the studs was placed.hammer the bearing with a socket that has same diameter, now you can take out the studs,carefully hammer the studs to take out cause it has splines.replace the studs, i used studs for corolla i need to make it longer than the stock so we grind the splines because it has a larger diameter. but if you gonna replace it with the stock you just can simply bolt it on.to assemble again the bearing, u need a hydraulic press, press it until you hear a locking sound and then again ur bearing is re assembled. now you can take back all the parts to its original place. in removing tie rod end u have to hammer the metal where it was place. hope this help..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts