Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and have registered and searched but cannot find a definitive answer anywhere, even the dealership. I just purchased a 2015 Kia Soul SX LUX the came with 18" rims. I am looking at getting rims for winter tires and the dealership recommended 215/60/R16 tires, which means I need 16" rims. I have found a set of 16" factory alloy rims from a 2010 Kia Soul Soul online for the same price as new steel rims. Can anyone tell me if they will fit? The dealership said I need to take a wheel off and try it. The rims are an hour and half away and I will be taking my SUV to pick them up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched and compared sizes online at several sights and the only concern that arises is the front calipers "MIGHT" hit.

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
255 Posts
The wheels should be a 5x114.3mm or 5x4.5" bolt pattern.

Wheel hub size will have to be correct as well, if not, you need to get the correct hub rings to make them fit snugly onto the hubs, or you will experience wheel vibrations due to them not being centred properly on the hub.

offset is important too, most Kia's use a +35 to +45 or even +50 offset (this determines where the centre line of the wheel width is in comparison to where the hub/mounting point to the vehicle sits.

You can google all this info for your kia to find out the exact measurements, then ask the people selling the rims if they know what the details are for the rims they are selling.

If all else fails, take one wheel off, put the wheel you're looking to buy onto the vehicle and see how it fits, how far the edge sticks in or out of the wheel wells etc. and make your decision on that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts