Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sedona LX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my wheel bearings on the left front.

1. Are they replaceable by themselves or do I have to do the entire Wheel Hub?

2. What "System" in the service manual would I find this? I've got Steering, Brake, and Suspension systems. Nothing specifically called "Wheel Hub".

·
Registered
2004 Optima 2.4 EX, 2005 Yamaha R1 (street) 2001 GSXR 1000 (track)
1,018 Posts
The bearings are seperate from the hub. You'll need a press or hub shark to remove/install them. It wouldn't be a bad idea to buy the snap ring and grease seal also. (some Sedon models weren't equipped with a grease seal though)

I'm not sure what section it would be listed under. Maybe the front axle?

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sedona LX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Is this a job that the average car owner can do or would it be better to take it to a shop? I wasl told something about possibly having to remove the CV arm as well in order to replace them.

·
Registered
Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi
18 Posts
It is a fairly simple job but you will need a press to complete the job. You can find details about this in 'Driveshaft and Axle' section.
I recently had need to change my front drivers side bearing. Unfortunately i had no idea i had a issue with this bearing until i went to change the tyre and noticed the excesive play. As i had been driving around like this for a while i also needed to replace the hub as this was worn.
I would suggest it best to have the job done for you unless you have the correct tools.

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
u dont need to a press to complete the job, i just recently replace mines. if your familiar with suspension parts and have the knowledge to do so it is fairly easy.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sedona
60 Posts
I have watch the mechanic replace both front seals and would not consider it an easy job. Certain parts of the suspension had to be removed and you need special tools to press the seals to remove and install the seal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts