Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Rondo LX
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left front wheel bearing is going out and I am having it replaced tomorrow.

I have never had a wheel bearing go out for any of my cars before and was wondering if anyone else has had this happen with their Rondo? I have a 2009 Rondo LX 2.4L with 71k miles.

I think iI may have damaged in back in 2011 when I hit a huge pot hole in the dark and bent my rim and destroyed my hub cap (left front). I ended up getting all new 5 spoke rims instead of replacing the factory rim & hub cap. I don't recall ever hitting anything else beside regular road stuff (pot holes, uneven surfaces, etc.).

Just curious as so far my Rondo has been a good reliable car, jjust normal maintenance.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
492 Posts
Wheel bearings going bad are not an unusual occurrence on any vehicle. Some do, some don't, not really a big deal. Seems like Mazda 3's had wheel bearings go bad pretty commonly, among others.

·
Banned
79 Posts
If you hit a pothole big enough and deep enough to bend your rim, then it very well could have damaged your wheel bearing. I had a '99 Ford contour that I got in an accident with, and after it was repaired, it was very obvious that the wheel bearing was affected, mostly at higher speeds, and developed a small noise even when driving at about 60 - 80km/hr so, any major accident, jolt, bump etc could set the bearing off and damage it for sure. Best bet is to just get it replaced and get it dealt with because it will only get worse.

Good luck!

·
Registered
09 Rondo lx 4 cyl 2008 Corolla,2001 Taurus,1960 Chrysler imperial,1967 Chrysler imperial
71 Posts
My Rondo with 60,000 miles has been fine so far with its wheel bearings .
Now on the other hand the first and last GM I owned ate wheel bearings for lunch....:mad:.

·
Registered
02 KIA Sedona LX, 09 KIA Rondo LX
31 Posts
Sorry for the late post, the dealer in January replaced the front left and right wheel bearing under warranty. I had 40531 at the time of the replacement.

My former VW GTI had both front replacement due to water damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts