Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the allowable camber and toe specs for a 2000 Kia Sephia?

Mine is equal but a negative camber of .25 degree which is probably due to tie rod wear.

Mileage 81,000 manual trans base model.

This is a go to work car 30 mph and has been reliable as a rock.

Any help? I couldn't find any adjusters and am not familiar with this front end.
In the old days gone by I was always led to believe one degree as it helps with better cornering and reduces oversteer.

Davis dba mstrmstr

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
Are you having problems with tyre wear or handling? At 30 MPH, you shouldn't be having too much trouble. Quarter of a degree shouldn't cause much worry.

I've only had alignment done about once during the life of any of my cars. One car had obvious steering problems on delivery and this was fixed at the 1000km service. I've had other alignments done after minor accidents involving the wheels, and once after hitting an unexpected kerb (no problem found, thanks Nissan).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
over 11 years on original tires.. they were worn out and aged. Over 80,00 miles and overdue..
The item in question, is there any adjustment and what are the recommended specs?
Rumor that Kia's do not come with camber adjusters.
Thanks..
Davis

·
Registered
Cerato
692 Posts
over 11 years on original tires.. they were worn out and aged. Over 80,00 miles and overdue..
The item in question, is there any adjustment and what are the recommended specs?
Rumor that Kia's do not come with camber adjusters.
Thanks..
Davis
Remarkable!. Not many cars have camber adjustment. Sorry, can't be specific about your model. Google?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KIA Sephia 2000

Remarkable!. Not many cars have camber adjustment. Sorry, can't be specific about your model. Google?
Bob..
Kia Sephia 2000 model year, standard trans no power steering, no options at all.. Not even a radio. just the lowest model that Kia made in the Sephia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts