Kia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Here's some background:

I work in Makati (Herrera cor Ayala) and live in Bacoor, Cavite (near SM Bacoor) which is 38 Kilometers (and some decimals) round trip. I've already setup 3 tests and my consumption is averaging at 12 km/liter. Additional ay walang patayan nang aircon kasi kasabay ko si Misis (na ayaw mag-aral mag-drive) to and from work. Um ... Automatic Transmission pala model nang PICANTO ko. :)

So how your consumption?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Originally posted by bathala@Jan 20 2005, 08:39 PM
Ok. Here's some background:

I work in Makati (Herrera cor Ayala) and live in Bacoor, Cavite (near SM Bacoor) which is 38 Kilometers (and some decimals) round trip. I've already setup 3 tests and my consumption is averaging at 12 km/liter. Additional ay walang patayan nang aircon kasi kasabay ko si Misis (na ayaw mag-aral mag-drive) to and from work. Um ... Automatic Transmission pala model nang PICANTO ko. :)

So how your consumption?


The best consumption I got was around 15.8 km/l but I average at 14 km/l because limit my rev to a minimum (with aircon always). This in AT model too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
hello! three times ko na binalik M/T Picanto ko sa Dealer at Planta ng Kia because of high fuel consumption pero ok naman daw after testing it and achieving 27.5Km./li... I cant accept it because the actual showed 10-12km/li at the speed not exceeding 80km/hr without A/C in the morning....ITS NOT TRUE NA FUEL EFFICIENT ANG PICANTO....almost the same sa 1.6 Corolla ko na 10km/li...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
27km/l impossible yun...kahit pa manual...cge idaan nila sa kenon road yun ng pababa at naka Neutral baka maniwala pa ako...most ideal pa siguro 18 to 20 sa manual kung kaya ko mag 16 sa automatic eh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Originally posted by jgotangco@Jan 21 2005, 02:34 PM
27km/l impossible yun...kahit pa manual...cge idaan nila sa kenon road yun ng pababa at naka Neutral baka maniwala pa ako...most ideal pa siguro 18 to 20 sa manual kung kaya ko mag 16 sa automatic eh.
27km/L is possible when tested with columbian's speed/mileage testing equipment... because they have your car mounted into this speed and hp testing machine and run your car at 60km/h all throughout with no aircon. Imagine driving along southsuperhighway (I said imagine lang ha!!!) with no traffic at all and you drive your picantos at 60km/h and no more and no less, all throughout the stretch of southsuperhighway with no a/c and all windows shut (to avoid airdrag and other factors). You'll see your cars' mileage shoot up at least 40 to 50%. By the way... throw out also any excess baggage like spare tire, jack and si jill na rin... don't bring si san mig light muna, kasi we're testing the highest mileage we can squeeze out of the picanto eh...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
By the way, I usually drive an L300 diesel versa van and usually get around 8 to 8.5km/l but when I use it for out of town trips, the mileage shoots up to 12 to 13km/l (that is if you don't driving long trips and maintaining a speed limit from 60 to 70kph only coz if you drive your cars hard... it'll consume more fuel.

Mileage of a car also varies greatly depending on the driver's driving style... some are light footed and some drivers are lead footed... :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting for my picanto from one of the kia dealers since I reserved already from 3 kia dealers, hoping at least one of them can release me a unit within the month. But I have a question with the existing picanto owners, how's the aircon? Is it cool enough even under 12noon direct sunlight? This is because I noticed that the picantos only have one fan to cool down the engine's radiator and also the aircon condenser... with the previouse cd-5 models, they had a separate radiator fan and a/c fan and even with this setup, I still find the condenser of the cd-5 heating up too much so I had an extra aux fan mounted in front of the a/c condenser. Any feedback on the aircon of the picanto is highly appreciated.

Food for thought... If a picanto averages 12km/liter and 1 liter is around 27 pesos... then cost per km is about 2.25 pesos/kilometer

On a diesel powered van, say an L300 vv... its about 8.5km/liter and 1 liter is around 23.40... then its about 2.75 pesos/kilometer

But with a diesel tamaraw fx with a 2.0L engine... it runs 10km/liter so its 2.34 pesos/kilometer...

Hmmm.... I wanna get a picanto asap!!! Not unless... they plan to bring in the diesel version of the picanto.... hmmmm.... might be worth the wait.... :huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Originally posted by MadMax168@Jan 22 2005, 11:53 AM
27km/L is possible when tested with columbian's speed/mileage testing equipment... because they have your car mounted into this speed and hp testing machine and run your car at 60km/h all throughout with no aircon. Imagine driving along southsuperhighway (I said imagine lang ha!!!) with no traffic at all and you drive your picantos at 60km/h and no more and no less, all throughout the stretch of southsuperhighway with no a/c and all windows shut (to avoid airdrag and other factors). You'll see your cars' mileage shoot up at least 40 to 50%. By the way... throw out also any excess baggage like spare tire, jack and si jill na rin... don't bring si san mig light muna, kasi we're testing the highest mileage we can squeeze out of the picanto eh...

That's a lab result then, not a realistic one at that. Any car manufacturer except Ford and with SUV gas guzzlers use mileage as a sales pitch. Driving the picanto at 60km/h is like driving a tricycle. Might as well drive with an oxygen tank at my back so I can drive with no aircon and have that 27km/l thing :D

They said the same thing about the Honda Jazz (Fit) and their awesome iDSI engine. Parepareho lang sila...I'd rather drive a car and enjoy it because of the pleasure it gives rather than think about gas mileage and stuff...it just spoils the driving experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I live in Las Pinas City and work in Makati and travel with my M/T Picanto on a daily basis (that's a 46 km round trip). Traffic is usually quite bad, and I make no attempts to be frugal with my driving habits (i.e., aircon always on, accelerate the engine to 4,000 rpm+ whenever the need arises). I've logged about 3,400 km on my odometer; my average fuel consumption in city driving is about 12.2 km/L.

The situation is very different however when cruising at highway speeds. Last week I measured my fuel consumption from Alabang -> Tagaytay -> Alabang, with aircon on, 3 passengers and at normal highway speeds (encountering minimal traffic). Wow. 20 km/L! Spent less than P150.00 for the round trip. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Well, between caltex, shell and petron... dependent on the dealer, some dealers cheat and some don't so you can't really say shell or caltex is better than petron. I've tried from all three and it really depends on the dealer, some even cheat with the pumps' calibration so instead of getting the full 1 liter, you might end up with 0.95 or worse...

My suggestion is that when you find a gas dealer that you think is giving you what you pay for, stick with that dealer. I used to have taxis and some of the drivers come back with units full tank but the engine misfires or lacks power and when you smell the exhaust, you can smell kerosene. Possibly the drivers gimmick or possibly the gas station they filled the car with... can't be sure.

But I would like to promote the smaller fuel companies because the big 3 controls the price and they always want to increase fuel price just because their companies are already top heavy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Hindi naman ako nakakargahan ng "kulang" na gas kase lagi akong full tank. Besides, I base my fuel consumption computations sa number of liters and kilometers traveled, hindi sa price.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top