Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
GTO, Sorento, Pug 406 coupe, Landrover 110
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
call me stupid [please don't do it though], but on the centre console there is a button marked, 'HTR RR' and when pressed a wee orange light comes on on the switch.

what does this do ? -

The manual doesn't mention it, and it doesn't seem to do anything.

By the way, to add to the mpg thread, I took my bus on a long run last week and got 42.6mgp from it - well impressed !! :bwekk:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Press it and the heater blower in the rear (on the drivers side) kicks in as long as you turn the blower nob to 1,2 or 3 ;)

·
Registered
GTO, Sorento, Pug 406 coupe, Landrover 110
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers

feel really stupid now, just found it in the book !!

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
LOL, the heating in my Sedona is ace, I've just got rid of my old Espace which had no heater at all during the winter season. Now I can burn the kids feet off with the heat coming out of the vents!

·
Registered
39 Posts
This button dictates whether warm or cool air is fed to the rear area. With this NOT pressed the rear roof vents are active - when the rear fan is switched on cool air comes from the roof vents - note that the air is cool ragerdless of the temp. setting. With this pressed, warm air comes out of the low level vents - I'm not sure whether the temperature respects the temp. setting or not when the button is pressed. So, in winter make sure this is pressed or your passengers will freeze ! The fan in the rear can be controlled from the front or rear - if set to 1, 2 or 3 in the front this overrides the fan switch in the rear roof. Set the rear switch to the 'R' position to allow the rear seat passengers to control the fan using the rear fan switch.

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
:lol: Tee Hee :lol: made me laugh in the office this afternoon when I read this post. I least you will be able to toast the passengers now. :thumbsup:

Simon

·
Registered
34 Posts
How's this for a laugh - I get cold air out the roof vents and hot air out the bottom even when the switch is not on - the kids just can't stop laughing about it (except when we're touring france with the temperature in the eighties!!!)

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
roadrunnerges

Now I know something about this.... quite by accident.. :blush:

I had the covers off that heater area when checking the fuse ratings of the towbar electrics as I managed to blow a fuse. I got the wrong side of the car but thats another story. I thought at the time what a strange arrangement of motors and levers.. and being an engineer had to investigate.

Basically from what I can remember when you switch the htr-rr switch all it does is supply power to a solenoid/motor with an arm arrangement which I presumme just moves a baffle inside the heater unit. This then just directs the blower air either over the air con and to the roof vents or over the heater elements to the floor vent as required. It would seem yours is slightly out of alignment and sharing the air supply, so supplying both. However I might be wrong. :grin:

Simon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts