Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a 2" slot in the left rear entryway plastic cover that is over the wheel hump. Near the hanging seat belt.

I tried sticking the seat belt buckle into it but no go. Dont know what its for. Any ideas?

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Picture would be worth a thousand words. Is it for the belt itself to slide behind? My Sedonas and Rondo have a little clip that the rear seatbelts slide behind.

·
Registered
'12 Kia Rio LX. '11 Toyota Tacoma, '07 Honda S2000, '11 Husaberg FS570, KTM 990 Adventure
267 Posts
I noticed a 2" slot in the left rear entryway plastic cover that is over the wheel hump. Near the hanging seat belt.

I tried sticking the seat belt buckle into it but no go. Dont know what its for. Any ideas?
push harder... :p

it is a place holder for the seatbelt when you fold down the seats. unfortuneately it doesnt work as well as planned, and most people just leave the belts alone when they drop the seats.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep. Thats the slot. Sorry about no pics possible and I thought I could describe it. Then it just got more difficult to describe as I was typing... and you know how it goes.

Anyway, I tried it as shown above but it was just atrocious! I said to myself "There's NO WAY anyone design something so badly." I thought it must be a baby seat release or a release of some sort so I didn't push it too hard.

So thanks, and am sort of glad that I know? :mad:

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
I worked back there installing my amp and running wires and never even noticed those slots. I had to go out to my car to see if I actually had them and I do. Tried pushing the seatbelt into it and it fit no problem. Works well but totally useless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts