Kia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX, AT
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dealer is constantly emailing me, wanting to buy my car and offering some great trades.

I found this today! A completely revamped KIA Soul for 2023.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

For more info....

Not yet available, but it sure looks good.

The 1.6L engine and the Turbo are GONE! They've cut expenses and simplified the line.

Anyone else think this is one great looking little car?

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX, AT
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Every one of us, who have been at this old car stuff for 50 years or more have one of those "NEVER MORE" brands.
For me it's Ford. My best rides have all been from GM.
But then, there was also Suzuki, Grand Vitara, Forenza, and SX4 and none of those ever gave me any problems at all.
Now I'm on my third KIA and not willing to give up on them yet.
That 2023 Soul looks like a real Babe. My only fear is that they've loaded it up with Nannies that I couldn't shut off, and couldn't stand.
But, given enough money, I'd like to have one of these, fully restored. ('66 Olds Toronado)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

That is, fully restored, PLUS Fuel Injection and Electronic Ignition. The speedometer only numbers up to 140 mph, but the
car will run faster. Been there, and done that. It was the perfect car for a young and crazy Gearhead.

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX, AT
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! Still driving a 2010? (or a 2019?) Dang, that's almost old enough to Vote!
Does that have the 1.6L engine, or the 2.0L?
Sorry, just being nosy!

I may have to just sell my car, and pick up an old beater at a Buy Here - Pay Here lot. Something, I can better afford.
I've been there and done that before.

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX, AT
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you! Now the rest of your post makes more sense. (your sig still says 2010. lol)
I had the 1.6 in my 2013 base model Soul, along with the 6 speed AT. I loved that little engine, till I worked her to death. ( I live in the country, and need a tractor, but couldn't afford one, so I used my 2013 Soul.) I used her to grade my road, pull stumps, and pull people out of sand pits.
Then, with a failing engine, I traded her off at 75K miles.

The totally NEW 2020 Soul 2.0L Atkinson Cycle engine is really much stronger, than the little 1.6. I'm not surprised that KIA now uses only that engine.
With a new engine, there are always growing pains, but KIA seems to have a handle on that. So far, with two 2020 Souls, I've had NO engine or IVT problems.
:cool:

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX, AT
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What next? Well, if I have my way, it will be a 2023 Soul LX.
I visited my dealership today, to gain some knowledge about what is coming, for the 2023 line.
But there wasn't very much new information available.
I talked with the head man at the dealership, and he said that all they expect to see in September are LX's.
The higher trim levels will be hard come by, due to the lack of "Chips".

Today they have a bright RED 2022 Soul Turbo sitting in the showroom, with a window sticker price of $38k. + delivery fees.
(ya gotta be kidding me!)

Of course, for 2023, the Turbo is GONE, the 1.6L engine, and the Manual Transmission are Gone too. Not to mention those things that so many just love to hate, the DCT and the GDI.
All GONE! And so are the highest trim levels that require a lot of electronics and computer controls.

Looks like, in the future, car dealerships will become nothing more than accessory dealers and Fix-It shops.

Stay safe and stay well, my friends,

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX, AT
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why? I've been dealing with this same dealership for over 10 years now. I'm pretty sure they are better than many, and no worse than most. Like all car dealers, their goal in life is to sell cars and make money. Eh?
On that RED turbo, the price was the factory window sticker price. Some Rich retiree will buy it, maybe for CASH, and never flinch.
It's really a beautiful car!

Did you ever get that oil burning problem fixed, yet?

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX, AT
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In relation to my last post: During an in-depth conversation with my dealer's Sales Manager, he told me that when they finally get some 2023 KIA Souls, they will all be the LX (base) model, with the fewest options.

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX, AT
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been to the Mile High City, in four different vehicles, all with standard carburetors, and they all did pretty well in Denver, but on Pikes Peak or Mt. Evans, they coughed, sputtered, gasped and struggled for air.
So I have to ask...... How does the little Soul handle the really High Altitudes?

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX, AT
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you!

I've done a LOT of winter driving in ice and snow with different FWD cars, so I'd have no problem driving in Colorado with my Soul. I'm actually looking forward to it, some day.

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX, AT
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
A key to successful winter driving is the right tires and the knowledge of how to use them. Without both, the game is lost.

Experience taught me that the OEM tires on my KIA Soul were too narrow, and lacked sufficient traction. Even out on dry blacktop, they would spin every time I'd pull out onto the highway, and that would engage the Traction Control. That's not only a PITA, but very dangerous too. So I had a chat with an old friend, at the Firestone Tire store, and we fitted my little Soul with tires two sizes wider than the OEM and with great tread too. Not snow or mud tires, but way better than KIA's OEM tires.
Then when I'm driving where I know the tires will spin, like in deep, loose, sand, I just shut off the Traction Control. Then I go wherever I want.
Works great here in this dang FL Sugar Sand, and I'm pretty sure it would work just as well in Snow. They are similar in so many ways! I hope that some day, I can give it a try.
Happy Motoring!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts