Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 1998 kia sportage 4wd 5 speed. Love this car. Everything drives perfect except last week on the freeway my gas and battery light would go on and off every time I hit a bump. As time has gone on the lights come on more frequently. There is no noticable power loss, unusual sounds, or diming of dash lights when the indicators come on. Ive checked all my connections under the hood and all my ground connections seem tight. Ive taken my radio to access as many dash wires as ican. Wiggled those to see if the light was affected but no dice. Light still just comes on when it wants to. Axe man or anybody else can ya help? I have the dealers manual but it doesn't have any wire diagrams and there are no recommended trouble shoots for this problem. Do you have and wire schematics or diagrams.

right now Mike is mad :angry:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 98 EX 2wd. Everything seems to be fine in the car, but blinking red lights tend to keep my attention off of the road.

·
Registered
349 Posts
By the fuse box in the passenger compartment there is a ground screw. You will need to remove the plastic panel to see it. Check that ground for corrosion or possibly the screw is loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts