Kia Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
2022 Sorento X-Line SXP Aruba Green/Rust
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Very easy install once I figured out what I was doing. Look great (except the yellow hardware bits 馃槓) and feel great. Definitely recommend.

Tire Automotive tire Asphalt Bumper Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Wood

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

Vehicle Car Automotive carrying rack Automotive lighting Hood

Registered
2022 SXP X-Line
WeatherTech mud flaps. Super easy install. The OEM ones look a little better, but they're basically just ornamental so I wanted something more functional.

Slim ratcheting screwdriver for the two screws on the rears plus a push pin underneath: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0748DCVHN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

And just turn the fronts to full lock each direction to easily access the three screws there.
View attachment 123907
View attachment 123909
View attachment 123908
The plastic pushpins on the bottom of the rear flaps gave me more trouble than the screws. Getting the new ones to seat all the way...phew!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The plastic pushpins on the bottom of the rear flaps gave me more trouble than the screws. Getting the new ones to seat all the way...phew!
Weird, right? I had to give them a couple whacks with a rubber mallet to get them all the way in.

Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm more impressed by that garage door opener! Nice!
It was great when it all worked right haha. Won't connect to wifi anymore and the app is fubar, the backup battery compartment doesn't recognize the battery, and the outdoor keypad is busted. The extension cord and tire inflator still work at least. Ryobi 馃憥

• Wow
Reactions: Jabjong and C-Trink

Registered
YOU RIDE LOOKS AWESOME!!! ...we just bought same exact car for family and had a couple questions if you don't mind. Are there any reliable performance tunes that increases throttle response and HP but will not affect warranty ? If you add spacers to wheels can it handle larger WILDPEAK tires ? Have you seen any after market fender flares or rhino bars for 2021+ XLINE ?
Thanks

Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
YOU RIDE LOOKS AWESOME!!! ...we just bought same exact car for family and had a couple questions if you don't mind. Are there any reliable performance tunes that increases throttle response and HP but will not affect warranty ? If you add spacers to wheels can it handle larger WILDPEAK tires ? Have you seen any after market fender flares or rhino bars for 2021+ XLINE ?
Thanks
I know this wasn鈥檛 directed towards me, but Burger Motorsports made the performance tune i use and it is great and does what you鈥檙e asking for. Fender flares 鈥渨ill鈥 be made by the company who did the Zion and Yosemite show Sorentos, but haven鈥檛 been released yet.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks
Thanks! As mentioned above the JB4 is a reliable, removable tune. As for warranty, well, that's why it's removable. If you have issues, take it off before bringing your car in.

I don't think spacers will help much for larger tires, because you'll still end up rubbing on the inner fender liner at full lock if you get up around 30" wheel + tire diameter. If you want to go bigger than 245/50/20, you'll want the Truxxx lift kit. There's a guy in the Facebook group who has 265/60/20 (or maybe 265/50/20, don't recall) with the 1.5" additional lift over the factory 1" lift. Or if you just want the meatier tires, you can downsize your wheels. Tire Size Calculator is your friend. I happen to have a set of 20mm spacers left over from my Stinger that I've been thinking about putting on just to see how it looks, we'll see on that.

I haven't looked into or heard anything about fender flares or rhino bars.

Reactions: C-Trink

Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
Thanks
As for a a rhino bar. Hobbs claims they will be selling one, but it鈥檚 not on their site yet. They do have an overland roof rack that has a picture of the rhino bar however.
Hobbs Offroad

Also, Kia sells a rhino bar. It seems to be only in Australia though鈥 馃檨

Kia Aus

21 - 30 of 30 Posts