Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
2022 Sorento X-Line SXP Aruba Green/Rust
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think some version of this thread has existed on every car forum I've been on, but I don't see one here so here goes - a thread for all the little things that don't really need their own thread. What'd you do with/to your Sorento today?

This weekend, I ordered a set of Wildpeaks to hopefully get on tomorrow or Wednesday. And only two weeks in, I found my first door ding on the driver front door 馃が

Took the family on a 6-hour round trip, decent MPG for still being under 1k miles on the ODO and ignoring speed limits, about 24 MPG round trip. The smart cruise is pretty great when there's no/minimal traffic, but the gap even on the closest setting is too timid to provide the "get over already" message to the slow mover and too inviting for people to dive in and cut me off regardless of the speed when there's anything more than a few cars around.

Got to use the third row for the first time for two short ~5 mile trips, and the occupant, a 5'10" adult, thought it was actually pretty comfortable. I also decided in my head that every time someone says some variation on "man Kia's come a long way since the 1990s shxtboxes..." w/r/t my car, I get an automatic deduction of one finance payment. I don't think Kia Finance will see it the same way, but a guy can dream.

Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
I'm about to do my third oil change... :) and I may change the air filter - all this pollen everywhere...

Other than that - It's pretty great the way it is.

I keep it as clean as possible on the outside with this stuff... Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, 16 Oz.
If your car is fairly clean - you can maintain it with this stuff and a large microfiber towel. It's like doing a carwash in 5 minutes.
It's also very inexpensive considering you only use 1/2 ounce in a 16 ounce spray bottle filled with distilled water.

As soon as it gets nice and warm it will get a complete interior detailing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wildpeaks on!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
Those look fantastic! Adds about an inch in diameter so more meat between wheel and road. I love it! I also love the 65K mile warranty with these... I looked at Michelins on Costo's site and they are all 25K mile warranties or less. Discount tire has these for $254 each. Promotional financing - 9 months at zero interest for $113/month. Not a bad way to go...

The speedometer variance is minimal between stock and the 245/50R20 and the 245/45R20. At 60 MPH you'll be doing 61.9 MPH with the slightly larger circumference.

I think I'll be getting these when the time comes... Great reviews! Thanks for sharing!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those look fantastic! Adds about an inch in diameter so more meat between wheel and road. I love it! I also love the 65K mile warranty with these... I looked at Michelins on Costo's site and they are all 25K mile warranties or less. Discount tire has these for $254 each. Promotional financing - 9 months at zero interest for $113/month. Not a bad way to go...

The speedometer variance is minimal between stock and the 245/50R20 and the 245/45R20. At 60 MPH you'll be doing 61.9 MPH with the slightly larger circumference.

I think I'll be getting these when the time comes... Great reviews! Thanks for sharing!
It'll add .6" over stock (so .3" ride height raise) and .4" narrower. All in all not a huge difference either way, but they look great though, and provide some extra protection for the wheels against curbing, rocks, etc. The one time I drove in the rain, the stock tires didn't exactly inspire confidence, so these should be better there. We don't get much snow down here, but I'd be interested to see how they do with the AWD, they're rated well for snow driving. FYI, Discount will price match - I got them for $208 based on Walmart's price. Not sure if they'll still do special financing on that or not since I always use my CC for points, but wouldn't hurt to try.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: JstGo and Snatchell

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sneak peak at ceramic coating. Curing overnight, will get the car back in the morning.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: noshortcuts

Registered
I was just thinking of what a beauty the Sorento is... It's very satisfying to look at... especially a nice clean one like this specimen. :)

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Which ceramic coating did you use?
What will you use to keep it shiny between coatings?
The brand is Carpro CQuartz, it should last ~3 years. As for maintenance, that's something I need to look into. For sure will be avoiding any non-touchless car washes.

Reactions: Snatchell

Registered
The brand is Carpro CQuartz, it should last ~3 years. As for maintenance, that's something I need to look into. For sure will be avoiding any non-touchless car washes.
Absolutely - I can't understand why anyone would let high speed - dirty scratchy brushes/fabric scratch up their paint... yikes!

Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
I picked up a set of sequential turn signal LED strips that I planned to mount above the headlights, they ended up being too thick to fit between the upper radiator cover trim and the headlight. Looked killer though. So I decided not to waste them and did not connect them to the turn signals here. I don鈥檛 like the look and it doesn鈥檛 time right with the actual blinker. I had the headlights turned off at the beginning and turned them on after there鈥檚 no tie in to the timing of that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
WeatherTech mud flaps. Super easy install. The OEM ones look a little better, but they're basically just ornamental so I wanted something more functional.

Slim ratcheting screwdriver for the two screws on the rears plus a push pin underneath: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0748DCVHN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

And just turn the fronts to full lock each direction to easily access the three screws there.
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Car

Tire Wheel Car Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ordered the Turtle crossbars on eBay on Friday, they've already made it from Istanbul to Memphis, TN as of early Sunday morning, that seller doesn't mess around. Not sure I understand how they're making any money off the sale with free shipping included but 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Circle

1 - 20 of 30 Posts