Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first boo boo today, either a big rock flung up and hit my car or someone carelessly dinged it with a door (but I always park a mile away from everyone else) the world will never know. But I got my first right in front of the mirror and it chipped about a pencil eraser sized chunk of paint off. However I managed to go 15 minutes after I found it and have it popped out by the best Paintless Dent Repair guy I've ever seen, now all that's there is a white spot that I colored in with a Sharpie until my touch up pen comes in tomorrow haha. Bum's me out, but its the life of a daily driver I assume, wouldn't have hurt my feelings so much if it had more than 3900 miles on her and I wasn't so anal about my car and always making sure its perfect

Anyone else care to share their first boo boo story?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX (w/ Nav)
28 Posts
I scratched my front right rim against a curb running late for work while parallel parking in the winter. I checked it when I got out and the portion I checked rubbed off, a couple days later I noticed the damage. The dealer told me that it happens often with the sport rims because they stick out--- I still felt like an idiot. ....Other than that, still immaculate! ;)

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Courteney, Misery loves company.I did the same to my rear rim about a 1 " scuff on the edge against a curb. Ist mark on otherwise perfect car for 9300 kms & 1 year May 1st.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
463 Posts
I have the scratched rims too, you can hardly tell unless you go right up to the wheel.

Biggest one Ive done was taking a few chunks out of the front bar. Was coming out of the forest and to get back onto the surfaced road there was a ditch that dipped further down before it met up to the road that I didnt see until the crunch happened. Head first into the ditch taking a few chunks out of the lower part of the front bar. One of rocks was still lodged in the lower part for a few weeks too.

Had plenty of rocks hit the windscreen though (they building new train station where I live), windscreen has not cracked. Its had a few chips but still going strong.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
393 Posts
scratched rim... curb... seems to be common.... do you think we need to apply clear coat to prevent corrosion???

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
lordhelmet yes Brush on some Clear & it will help corrosion from winter salt or find a rim repair guy & expect to pay $125-150 for a perfect repair.Your choice;)

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Nav Graphite/Tan
73 Posts
I scratched my front right rim against a curb running late for work while parallel parking in the winter. I checked it when I got out and the portion I checked rubbed off, a couple days later I noticed the damage. The dealer told me that it happens often with the sport rims because they stick out--- I still felt like an idiot. ....Other than that, still immaculate! ;)
Same thing happened to me. Slight scrapes around the edge of my right front rim. Not that big but to me it looks like a 10ft chunk out of my rim. I called my dealer to ask how much for a replacement 17" rim and was quoted $650.... I could get a nice set of after market rims for $1k... :eek:

Also, some dick kicked my passenger side rear door when I was at work. Dent isn't big but it really pissed me off.

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
595 Posts
Cleaned it up pretty well . . . of course YOU still know it's there!

Did similar on the edge of one of my Sportage mirrors cutting it just a bit tooooo close coming out of the garage. Cleaned it up, Kia paint pen in Clear White . . . but I still know it's there and it bugs the hell outta me.

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
Big Boy Breaks Seat

My weight challenged buddy Brian weighing in at roughly 375 Lbs (you metric guys will have to convert) broke my passenger seat rail guide when adjusting the seat rearward :eek:

It was covered under warranty but I will never let Brian in my car again!

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 EX
54 Posts
On my way to get my 3M put on, I got a stone impact on my hood, right where the 3M would have covered. Left a 1 mm paint chip :/

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 Door SX (Premium package)
34 Posts
Within 4 weeks of purchase, I've scratched two rims on curbing. Pretty minor but makes me want to cry. I knew those low profile tires would be a problem. I'll wait until I get them really messed up and then have them fixed. There's a local body shop that has reconditioned rims for me in the past for $75 each.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5-Door LX
301 Posts
Within a month after purchase somebody liked my rear left door so much and left a dent as a reminder.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX mtx
181 Posts
I was at the drive-thru bank & dropped the carrier on my door...two very tiny dents above the door handle. So much for their higher tensile-strength steel.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 Eco with ISG
4 Posts
2 weeks after i got my 2013 Rio5 last year
Pulled too far forward on a Curb. Bumper rubber that hangs down caught, and pulled the bumper off. Snapped most of it back on, on driver side there is still a slight gap because one of the rivet holders is broken.

Dealer wont fix it without me paying at least $500:mellow:

·
Registered
13 Rio 5 EX Auto & 05 Crysler T&C & 52 Ford 8N
42 Posts
Wow - Nice looking work OzSLS.

We're at 6 months, still in love, and one teensy little scratch on drivers door. :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts