Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking today in the rear cubby and was reminded that I am missing some parts. Any able to tell me what tools go in the blank sections (if anything?). Just wondering if its something needed to change a tire or if I have everything I need to do it.

Thanks!

·
Banned
2017 Sorento LX
131 Posts
You are not missing anything in a US vehicle. In other markets they have a screwdriver in the lower left space, a screw in tow hook in the lower right. I don't remember what goes in the slot below the lug wrench.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento EX V6, 2016 Forte LX+
33 Posts
it could be in the bumper like the Forte ,look for a circle on the bumper (small cap) around 1.5-2.0 inches wide remove it and screw in the tow bolt

·
Registered
Sorento 2017 LX V6
7 Posts
Where would that tow hook screw in to? I can’t find winching locations on the Sorento.
Careful, these are not designed for recovery/winching, as the name says, it's a tow hook, it is meant to be used when towing the vehicle. However the most common usage for these tow hooks is when shipping the vehicle overseas, to strap it to the deck and make sure it does not move while travelling, you don't want the vehicles hit each other.

The Sorento for the North American market does not need this hooks, these are shipped by ground to the dealers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts