Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New forum member here and new to Kia also. I'm shopping with my father for a used van or SUV for him that can also pull his 14' fiberglass fishing boat.

We came across a nice 2005 Sedona with only 78000 km (~48k miles). At 5000$ (Canadian), it seems like a good buy considering it's in great shape. Unfortunately, Kia did not offer the 10-year warranty in Canada, so it's completely out of warranty. This is a Sedona LX with the 3.5L V6 and 5-speed auto.

Are there any common issues that we should be looking out for before he goes and buys it? I've heard that the brakes wear out somewhat quickly, but considering he drives 5000-7000 miles per year, that's not a huge deal. I'm looking more for major mechanical or systems issues. I've seen some complaints about A/C failures, but it's not clear whether the failure rates are any higher than for the rest of the industry.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own multiple kia models, all in all I've had good success for the $ my only issues I have with my 05 sedona is the radio has almost no reception and the A/C compressor seems a little small which causes the engine to labor a little more than I would like, but still has super cold air, also the factory brake lines tend to rust pretty quick which can be a little costly if you can't do your own work, but I would recommend kia products to anyone, very reliable for the $

1 - 3 of 3 Posts