Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX AWD 4cylinder
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea what to use it for? KIA sent me a $200 gift card for my car's 3d birthday? Can be used for parts or labor. I got 3 years of service free when I bought my Sorento.

Any suggestion(s) on what to use it for? Thanks Dorothy

P.S they gave me a retractable shade to cover the cargo area when I bought the car.

·
Registered
2009 KIA Optima LX
36 Posts
Any idea what to use it for? KIA sent me a $200 gift card for my car's 3d birthday? Can be used for parts or labor. I got 3 years of service free when I bought my Sorento.

Any suggestion(s) on what to use it for? Thanks Dorothy

P.S they gave me a retractable shade to cover the cargo area when I bought the car.
Checkout the factory window sun shades/visors & the mud flaps/guards. :p

·
Registered
2013 Sorento, Suzuki V-Strom
506 Posts
What is the expiration date of the gift card?
How close are you to needing a set of tires? (And, you can get better tires than the original tires.) Or can the gift card be used for someone else's car repairs or tires at the Kia dealership? They get the work done with your gift card, and you get $200 from them.

p.s. You got nothing for free when you bought the car. You paid for everything buried in the price you paid.

·
Registered
2009 KIA Optima LX
36 Posts
p.s. You got nothing for free when you bought the car. You paid for everything buried in the price you paid.

That is NOT true at all. I used to work for KIA. A fellow employee bought a brand new optima sx turbo because the dealership was running a special, $300 gift card + free service for a year. He paid the same price as any other optima sx turbo. They didn't "up charge" him to pay them back for the $300 gift card and free service for a year.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6; 2014 Forte EX fully loaded
46 Posts
I got mine in the mail the other day. I got the door scuff plates, cargo tray, and the black rear bumper protector. It came out around $200.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury
234 Posts
Do Canadian customers also get this?

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX
52 Posts
I am a little lost here, do all purchasers of new sorento's get this card after there vehicle is one or two years old? Or is this an optional dealer thing? First I ever heard of it

·
Registered
2013 Sorento, Suzuki V-Strom
506 Posts
That is NOT true at all. I used to work for KIA. A fellow employee bought a brand new optima sx turbo because the dealership was running a special, $300 gift card + free service for a year. He paid the same price as any other optima sx turbo. They didn't "up charge" him to pay them back for the $300 gift card and free service for a year.
Did you work for KIA Motors America, Inc., or the local Kia franchise dealership?

They guy could have negotiated the value of the promotions off the purchase price, maybe not dollar for dollar, but a substantial part of the value.

It took me a while, but I finally found out how the dealership cheated me when I bought my Sorento (they always do). In my state the sales tax is charged on the value of the car and the value of any discounts that the customer has the option of receiving as cash--the factory cash-back promotions in particular--but not other price reductions. When I negotiated a discount price the dealership charged me sales tax on the full sticker price of the car, then reduced the price by the cash-back and negotiated discount amounts. They then likely sent the state the correct sales tax and pocketed the amount they overcharged me.

·
Registered
Sorento 2012 ex With sunroof and leather + kawasaki Vulcan custom
86 Posts
how is this 200$ work? who is illegible for this any one know??
thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
it is a perk from Kia motors, 3 year anniversary on your Kia orginal owner and car only, cannot transfer this. upgrade on the map and GPS is worthless, don't bother, I used mine for front brake pads, and turned the roters, did not feel like doing them myself, also for those of you talking about getting tires, which is hard to believe, they lasted 3years?
the stock tires were crap, I got new ones at the end of last winter, magga differance how nice it drives.. goood luck

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
It ended on 10/31/2013.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts