Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Yes, what to do with that empty space on the dashboard. Have you found a good use for it? I'm thinking about inserting a square digital clock or anything that has numbers and gives time since a clock is literally absent from the UVO system. I read on the Web this space is intended for a framed picture in some markets around the world. But then why the piece of non-skid material on the floor of the opening? Mesmerizes me.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
UVO has a Clock in upper right hand corner of display
Or a freaking huge one in the middle when you turn the radio off. As for the empty hole, I keep my garage door opener there.

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UVO has a Clock in upper right hand corner of display
I know that. It's as big as the tiny blue Bluetooth display. Can you sincerely say you can read time from behind the wheel? I can't. It's too small to be so far away and be readable.

·
Registered
'12 Kia Rio LX. '11 Toyota Tacoma, '07 Honda S2000, '11 Husaberg FS570, KTM 990 Adventure
267 Posts
i put my cellphone there, at an angle wedged in. easy access, when stopped of course. talking on the phone while driving is illegal.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5-Door LX
301 Posts
I think I'm going to build a little drawer of some sort, and keep all my change in it. :)
Don't forget to put a lock on it though!

I was thinking this is for sunglasses or cell phones although some of the Android phones probably won't fit.

·
Registered
2012 Optoma Hybrid (Light graphite)
169 Posts
You know, until I see this thread. I forget the square space is there.:lol:

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
I find it perfect for business cards. But yeah, some sort of change drawer would be good too.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
I read in the owners manual (.pdf one) that it's somehow used as a picture frame. That feature must be in markets other than Can/US though...

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
My girlfriend has allergies and though I keep a box of tissues on the floor in the back seat, it's not always convenient to reach back and feel around for it. So I stuff 3 or 4 tissues in there for rapid access.

Works great!

I have also seen the reference to the "picture frame" and I think it was an afterthought to change to the box. A good afterthought in my opinion!

·
Registered
Tanz. Blue 2012 Rio Sedan,Al White 2013 Toyota PriusV
384 Posts
My girlfriend has allergies and though I keep a box of tissues on the floor in the back seat, it's not always convenient to reach back and feel around for it. So I stuff 3 or 4 tissues in there for rapid access.

Works great!
Don't you get tissue thingies flying around everywhere and also in the rubber part of the compartment? :/ cant image cleaning that stuff

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
Don't you get tissue thingies flying around everywhere and also in the rubber part of the compartment? :/ cant image cleaning that stuff
Don't really have an issue with it. And I would notice since I have the black interior.

·
Registered
Kio Rio 5 SX
31 Posts
Garage opener is what I put there. Still, its an odd item to have that space that high up on the dash. That was one of the first things I noticed when I was car shopping.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts