Kia Forum banner

What size rims do you currently have your ride?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what size most of you have your ride.
What was the OEM size that came with the car when you bought it, and how large did you go??? +1, +2, +3, etc. And what type of aftermarket rims did you purchase to make your car, that much more aggressive/stylish??? Other information that can be added is how much you spent on the rims and where you bought them... Let us know! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Im running 16's on my Spectra. I might just keep them on there for a while. They are a decent lookin wheel considering they are OEM. For tires I am running 205/50/16 Goodyears. The car handles great. :thumbsup:
Here is a pic of what the wheels look like.
[attachmentid=538]

Here is what they look like on the car. The pic doesnt show the wheels all that good....sorry!
[attachmentid=539]

As for the Optima.......I am going to prolly put 16's on it someday. Buying the Spectra kinda put the modding of the Opitma on hold for a while. Not sure what kind of wheel Im going to get for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NICE! heh.. great pic.. The wife and I have been seeing plenty of Spectras on the road around our new apartments.. we like the looks.. we might look into that car once we can afford another car.

KIA-4-LIFE! :57:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Spec SX@Jul 16 2005, 12:50 AM
Im running 16's on my Spectra. I might just keep them on there for a while. They are a decent lookin wheel considering they are OEM. For tires I am running 205/50/16 Goodyears. The car handles great. :thumbsup:
Here is a pic of what the wheels look like.
[attachmentid=538]

-=[NICE! Will it fit on the Optima???]=-

Here is what they look like on the car. The pic doesnt show the wheels all that good....sorry!
[attachmentid=539]

As for the Optima.......I am going to prolly put 16's on it someday. Buying the Spectra kinda put the modding of the Opitma on hold for a while. Not sure what kind of wheel Im going to get for it.
As for the Optima, it's kool man.. work of it when you get a chance.. remember the Spectra is a more saught after tuner (well for KIA lovers) and well you should concentrate on that for now.. make the Optima more show.. and the spectra for go! :p

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Originally posted by ahfrederick@Jul 18 2005, 01:04 PM
make the Optima more show.. and the spectra for go! :p
Yeah the Spectra will make a good go car. Its easier to find performance mods for it compared to the Optima. I like having a Spectra and Optima. If I want to drive some thing sporty I will drive the Spectra and if I want to drive some thing luxury I will drive the Opitma.
:auto:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh, right on! There you go buddy! :thumbsup:
I see that you've already started to doing some simple mods on your spectra.. good job! For me, I'm going to keep the car pretty OEM. Just work on the engine when I can/get a chance. I'm now thinking about getting a K&N Cone Filter instead of a regular OEM fit replacement. What do you think?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I would go with either a K&N drop in or a K&N cone filter. Kinda hard to decide there. I wouldnt go with a OEM filter.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL.. no no buddy.. not an OEM.. the K&N OEM FIT filter.. you know the replacement filter that uses the OEM filter box... :p

But yeah, I'm really thinking about getting a CAI since it's not that much more expensive than just a regular K&N filter. Might as well.. right? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Oh ok. lol I was going to say why a plain OEM filter? lol
Since the cone is not much more than the K&N drop in go for the cone filter. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Since the cone is not much more than the K&N drop in go for the cone filter.
the cone actually does flow a lot better than the drop ins... specially if you get a civic intake and drop it in... even without the intake pipe it flows better.... they are a perfect fit even in the new spectras.....

and rims i gots the stockers on now 185/65/14 but in the summer I got my 17" 205/40/17

old azz picture 2 years ago but ya get the point of what my rims look like.. I actually think they look better on my spectra than the sephia...

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
THat car is now in pieces as I parted it out lol..

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
nope dont suck actually it was still running fine when I parted it out.. just had to many cars lol... I wouldve sold it but the sell value for a kia sephia 1999 was less than I made parting it out..

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is my ride.
TARO
2004 Kia Rio 1.5 LS
17"x7" OZ Superleggera
Yokohama AVS ES100 205/40ZR17

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally picked up the rims I've been trying to buy for the past two weeks! LMAO!

They're 17"x7" Motegi Gunmetal Rims:

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
how much did they rund ya? what are your plans for tires?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by 1fastkia@May 22 2006, 08:32 AM
how much did they rund ya? what are your plans for tires?
Originally listed at $225, but paid $175!
It will take 205/40/17 & 215/45/17's
I might go with the Bridgestones that I mentioned in the other topic... Was: $133 Now: $48 (205/40/17)
But right now I am actually looking for somewhere that sells the center caps for the rims.. since it did not come with them.. and a place that sells used tires..

1 - 20 of 64 Posts