Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any parts from the 3 generations that are interchangeable with the 2001? Or are there any other vehicles that parts swaps can be done?

Like door panels, OTIS, sun sensor or anything like that?

Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,410 Posts
This site blows.
Wow. Thanks for being patient. There are people that know much more about the old Sportages than I do, but I'll try to help.

The 1G Sportage stands alone from the later models. It is completely different. It also didn't have a Hyundai cousin, like to later models did.

It shared a lot of parts with certain Mazda vehicles. The engine I believe was from the same family used in the Mazda 626, so maybe some parts will interchange(?)..

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
Strizay...
We don't sit around waiting for you to ask a question. We have lives to live and things to do. When we do get around to checking the forum and answering questions then you would have gotten answers "if" you didn't blow it by angering everyone who reads your self centered post "I want it now" post...
Patience is a virtue which it seams you have little of...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not new to forums and I didn't expect an instant answer. Come on man, I'm 40 years old. I meant as far as mods go. Everything I see is a complaint post. How do I fix this? How do I fix that? If these cars are so troublesome, why do people still own them? I just got mine a week ago today, is this what I have in my future?

I was just looking for modification related topics here and there is basically nothing. There's nothing anywhere else on the net either. This is the most comprehensive site about Kia's though from what I've found. I had an Intrepid a few years back, and there is a site where these guys where crazy about mods. They took parts from other Dodge or Chrysler vehicles and figured out how to make them work.

There's no how-to guides as far as mods. Are people that own the Sportage just not interested in doing mods?

I am working on something right now, I am just waiting for the right price. I have a '01 but I am going to install the overhead cubby from an '05 in it. Just things like that are what I'm talking about. What kind of parts are transferable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm quite curious to find out if the Mitsubishi 4B11T will fit in the newest generation sportage with ease.

This would make this crossover a whole new monster to play with

·
Registered
3 Posts
A Miata 1.8 non-turbo exhaust manifold makes a great header. Just make the mount holes a little larger to match. Also ditch the air box and put on a K&n cone style air filter.:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts