Kia Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
641 Posts
- tinted windows all the way around (Johnson window films)
- Pioneer headunit
- axxess steering wheel control interface
- Focal 6.5 front component
- Focal 6.5 rear coaxial speakers
- Kenwood 4 channel amp
- Kenwood mono amp
- 7" hearest monitors
- 12w6v2 JL Audio Subwoofer
- HID headlights
- HID Foglights
- LED license plate lights
- OEM Style Side Steps
- Universal crossbars
- Universal Night vision rear view camera with OEM handle
- Shark fin antenna
- Axxess USB and Aux retention cable (had it repin to make it work and iluminate)
- 22 inches wheels with 265/35R22 tires
- Kia hub stickers for the new wheels

adding a croossbar fairing and H&R Springs soon

http://www.kia-forums.com/2016-sorento/213849-my-new-2016-sorento-greetings-panama.html
How do you like the focal's ? I considered them, how did you get them to fit, was it easy ... did u get them from Crutchfield? i just put in component system in front as well. How does your pioneer do? you lose so many features when you change out the terrible sounding EVO / Sirius / Radio Head-Unit that I am very apprehensive, plus that cross-bar has to be chopped out / cut out and also another bracket in the back area must be removed or bent out of the way. Lots of mods/changes necessary for the PIONEER,,,,did you lose surround cameras and NAV for the sacrifice of better sounding radio? Where did you mount the mono-amp and the 4 channel amp? im guessing under passenger seat? I'm going to try adding a Majestic 60 X 2 (which would be 30 X 4) equalizer/amp (all in one unit) under the passenger seat using a SCOSCHE SLC-4 plus the Majestic EQ/AMP, but it requires that i tap into the wiring. I need to find FRONT LEFT and FRONT RIGHT REAR LEFT and REAR RIGHT from car, put an aftermarket harness in place so i can take outputs from factory HU to the 8 connectors on the SCOSCHE (input), then take FRONT LEFT and FRONT RIGHT and connect RCA to RCA (SCOSCHE to MAJESTIC).... But MAJESTIC just has LINE INPUTS for LEFT and RIGHT , so i will use the FRONT LEFT and FRONT RIGHT only into the MAJESTIC (from the SCOSCHE), then will need to take the 8 connections from the output of the MAJESTIC into each speaker using the factory speaker wire which means a tap to those 8 wires from the MAJESTIC (I will need to take those 8 and go under the carpet from the passenger side MAJESTIC to the Factory (atrocious sounding) Head Unit (HU). Yes, I will lose factory FADER but i will just pre-set fader on Majestic to be balanced front to back, no need to jack with that. Later in life I will add an 8 inch sub to the factory hole in the back. So in other words, i must tap the factory stereo speaker output lines (front L, front R, Rear L, rear R) and run those four wires to the two RCA jacks on the SCOSCHE (Left Front / Right Front) , then from the SCOSCHE I run Majestic (LINE-IN Left and Right). 40 Watts per channel is enough for me (compared to the lowly 6 to 11 watts the factory head unit is straining to put out). 40 is not going to rock the door panels, that's for sure. What's the most wattage (RMS) that anyone reading this has put through some aftermarket speakers (not including sub)?

·
Registered
641 Posts
- tinted windows all the way around (Johnson window films)
- Pioneer headunit
- axxess steering wheel control interface
- Focal 6.5 front component
- Focal 6.5 rear coaxial speakers
- Kenwood 4 channel amp
- Kenwood mono amp
- 7" hearest monitors
- 12w6v2 JL Audio Subwoofer
- HID headlights
- HID Foglights
- LED license plate lights
- OEM Style Side Steps
- Universal crossbars
- Universal Night vision rear view camera with OEM handle
- Shark fin antenna
- Axxess USB and Aux retention cable (had it repin to make it work and iluminate)
- 22 inches wheels with 265/35R22 tires
- Kia hub stickers for the new wheels

adding a croossbar fairing and H&R Springs soon

http://www.kia-forums.com/2016-sorento/213849-my-new-2016-sorento-greetings-panama.html
where did you put all of these amps? did you use 9-wire? which pioneer, .....thx!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Here is my list:

1. Illuminated or stainless steel scuff plates
2. Stainless Steel Rear bumper protector Int & Ext - Done
3. Hood Bug deflector
4. LED fog lights - Might not be feasible.
5. Trunk cargo tray - Done
6. All weather liners
7. Cargo Net - Done
8. Interior LED lighting - Done
9. Android entertainment system
10. LED tail lights
11. Rear bumper Led reflectors - Done
12. Side mirror Puddle LED Lights - Done
13. OEM style side steps (running boards)
14. Body side chrome molding
15. Shark fin antenna - Done
16. Calipers red painting plus kia decals
17. Door courtesy LED lamps - Done
18. License plate covers bubble shield.
19. OEM 2-way remote starter

So far I have completed about 45%...I estimate around $2.5K.
regarding #19 , this link doesn't look like it has intelligent feedback to the keyfob, can you confirm if it does or not

2016 KIA SORENTO REMOTE START KIT FOR MODELS WITH KEY START C6F57 AC100 | eBay

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento
396 Posts
How do you like the focal's ? I considered them, how did you get them to fit, was it easy ... did u get them from Crutchfield? i just put in component system in front as well. How does your pioneer do? you lose so many features when you change out the terrible sounding EVO / Sirius / Radio Head-Unit that I am very apprehensive, plus that cross-bar has to be chopped out / cut out and also another bracket in the back area must be removed or bent out of the way. Lots of mods/changes necessary for the PIONEER,,,,did you lose surround cameras and NAV for the sacrifice of better sounding radio? Where did you mount the mono-amp and the 4 channel amp? im guessing under passenger seat? I'm going to try adding a Majestic 60 X 2 (which would be 30 X 4) equalizer/amp (all in one unit) under the passenger seat using a SCOSCHE SLC-4 plus the Majestic EQ/AMP, but it requires that i tap into the wiring. I need to find FRONT LEFT and FRONT RIGHT REAR LEFT and REAR RIGHT from car, put an aftermarket harness in place so i can take outputs from factory HU to the 8 connectors on the SCOSCHE (input), then take FRONT LEFT and FRONT RIGHT and connect RCA to RCA (SCOSCHE to MAJESTIC).... But MAJESTIC just has LINE INPUTS for LEFT and RIGHT , so i will use the FRONT LEFT and FRONT RIGHT only into the MAJESTIC (from the SCOSCHE), then will need to take the 8 connections from the output of the MAJESTIC into each speaker using the factory speaker wire which means a tap to those 8 wires from the MAJESTIC (I will need to take those 8 and go under the carpet from the passenger side MAJESTIC to the Factory (atrocious sounding) Head Unit (HU). Yes, I will lose factory FADER but i will just pre-set fader on Majestic to be balanced front to back, no need to jack with that. Later in life I will add an 8 inch sub to the factory hole in the back. So in other words, i must tap the factory stereo speaker output lines (front L, front R, Rear L, rear R) and run those four wires to the two RCA jacks on the SCOSCHE (Left Front / Right Front) , then from the SCOSCHE I run Majestic (LINE-IN Left and Right). 40 Watts per channel is enough for me (compared to the lowly 6 to 11 watts the factory head unit is straining to put out). 40 is not going to rock the door panels, that's for sure. What's the most wattage (RMS) that anyone reading this has put through some aftermarket speakers (not including sub)?
for me my new audio setup is an all around upgrade. I had the worst factory radio so I lost no features. I bought everything locally. amps are both under front seats.

my current HU is the avh-490BS. I did bend that braket you mentioned but to me no big deal.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,520 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
for me my new audio setup is an all around upgrade. I had the worst factory radio so I lost no features. I bought everything locally. amps are both under front seats.

my current HU is the avh-490BS. I did bend that braket you mentioned but to me no big deal.
wow, 400 just for the nav add-on, did you do it?

love the 50x4 output,,,that thing will rock and paired with your amp, holy smokes

·
Registered
641 Posts
That one is one way. No feedback. I believe the 2-way ends with AC200. You would need to confirm with the dealership.
Ok, it's probably double the price, i will check for remote start options from South Korea area, someone has bound to come up with a replacement for the AC200 that would be a bit cheaper, then again, some of these things are coded or encrypted and thus causing major issues.

·
Registered
641 Posts
That one is one way. No feedback. I believe the 2-way ends with AC200. You would need to confirm with the dealership.
This is what the dealer in Daytona Beach Kia responded with "Yes this does have an LED to let you know when the car is started on the remote!"

So it looks like it does tell you it's started but that's about it. It will not tell you the outside and inside car temp, engine temp, RPM, & other intelligent keyfob LCD lighted display characteristics.

Thanks

·
Registered
641 Posts
Here is my list:

3. Hood Bug deflector
6. All weather liners
7. Cargo Net - Done
10. LED tail lights

how is the stainless steel rear bumper protector (in and out) working out? can you send a link... I assume you bought some 3M adhesion enhancer as well, no? and did you get the china or korea add-on? I would love to have at least the cargo sill plate (kick protector, or whatevere they call it)... thanks a ton as always

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,520 Posts
how is the stainless steel rear bumper protector (in and out) working out? can you send a link... I assume you bought some 3M adhesion enhancer as well, no? and did you get the china or korea add-on? I would love to have at least the cargo sill plate (kick protector, or whatevere they call it)... thanks a ton as always
Undaoubtedbly Chinese. I got the combo from ebay, inner and outer stainless steel protectors. I like better the inner one because is polished, outer is chromed instead.

2016 For KIA Sorento Rear Bumper ProTector Cargo Boot Sill Plate Cover Trim 2PCS | eBay

They both came with 3M automotive grade adhesive attached to them, peel-and-stick. Useful specially if you've got kids and are taking the stroller in and out of the trunk.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Here is my list:

3. Hood Bug deflector
6. All weather liners
7. Cargo Net - Done
10. LED tail lights

regarding the scuff plates... did you get that mod done yet? did you find a pretty good deal on them, i assume they are red led lit scuff plates and did you get a full set of four....where in the heck did you plug them in at...i can't find the place to plug in scuff plates or puddle lights, but I heard there are places that the factory left in case people wanted to add these, even for an LX (see it to believe it however)

·
Registered
641 Posts

Hey Rasta,
Did you run all new speaker wire for your Focal's or use factory. And if you did use factory, do you know what gauge AWG wire it is? I'd like to get away with a 100RMS per channel amp (rockford-fosgate), but don't know if I can. Some say it's overkill replacing all the speaker-wire. It's certainly a VERY difficult job from my research. I'm punching about 30W / channel currently on the FSW (Factory Speaker Wire).

·
Registered
2015 Sorento SX Custom
7 Posts
  1. Debadged.
  2. Hood bug /rock deflector.
  3. Custom decals on the exterior (is an art/novelty/sci-fi nerd project) (90% done, WIP as of Jan 2021).
  4. removal of 3rd-row seats, seatbelts and install of custom storage space with lighting (WIP as of Jan 2021).
  5. Interior lighting upgraded to LEDs and under dash/seat lighting (1st and 2nd row).
  6. Exterior lighting upgrades to all LED bright white.
  7. Grill lighting (WIP as of Jan 2021)
  8. Underside lighting.
  9. Custom 4 sound horn hardwired and installed into the dash panel.
  10. Various OEM accessories: AW mats, net, tray/liner.
  11. Aftermarket stubby antenna.
  12. Hardwired auxiliary 12v ports for more accessories.
  13. Replaced rear 'cigarette lighter' plug with USB charge ports.
  14. Painted grill custom black. Thay gray is awful by comparison-- recommended!
  15. Modify glovebox for additional custom storage and a light (WIP as of Jan 2021).
  16. A custom storage system in the centre console.
  17. Rear bumper guard.
  18. OBD added with a new custom fuse panel.
  19. Side mirror light strip tinted.
  20. Rear lights blacked out/tinted.
  21. Rear reflectors modified to be lit up with red LEDs to be running lights and brake lights (Pending).
  22. Upgraded exhaust system.
  23. Underhood lighting.
  24. Spray entire under side with rust inhibiter and rocker guard.
  25. Modify performance settings from ECU (ongoing).
  26. Paint wheels (pending).
  27. Custom 19" wheels for summer (Summer 2021-- already picked out)
  28. Brake system upgrade (pending Summer 2021)
  29. Replace protective shielding ('3M armour') on the front end (pending).
  30. Remove and paint ALL chrome custom metallic black (pending).
  31. Courtesy light installation on the rear doors (pending).
  32. Install custom steel skid plates (pending).
  33. Custom Illuminated sills modification (pending).
  34. Tow bar install (pending).
  35. Winch install-- maybe. Not sure how this will affect the overall look I am going for (pending).
  36. Short ram air intake (pending).
  37. Lightup exaust tip (pending).
  38. Smokescreen kit (pending).
  39. Battery backup and solar trickle charge system install (pending)
  40. Air ride install (pending 2022). A bigger $ project for sure!
  41. Programmable LED banner for rear window-- maybe. (pending).

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento 3.3L V6 SXL AWD
3 Posts
2017 Sorento SXL AWD

- Thought the original brake system was a bit weak, so I replaced them with PowerStop Z23 products. I was pretty surprised that at a rated 5000 lbs towing capacity, the front calipers were still single-piston.

- Installed a Class 3 tow hitch.

- Trunk cover - this is important in nowadays USA for security reasons.

- About to install Air Lift 60901 kit onto my rear suspension to provide extra support when towing.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts