Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using Mothers California gold for about 9 years. I switched over to Turtle Wax Ice today. I used the liquid. Thats the stuff that leaves no white residue on plastic. What great stuff. Shines up my plastic nicely. Here are a couple of pics of the Spectra after I did it. It has a great shine to it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
I use mcguires quick wax when Im in a hurry to wax, otherwise I use the mcguires that comes in the little round cannister with the foam applicator. Great stuff... Oh yea I moved this topic...

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul, 1.6hdi auto, in Mixx trim, White over Powder Blue
650 Posts
I've used MER for many a year now, simple & easy to use with a great LONG LASTING shine compared to others I used before.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Spectra5 2007 Chevy Suburban
697 Posts
I use mother's Cali Gold and have for like 13 years. I just used the Ice stuff but wasn't too impressed. It didn't last as long as I thought it would. I might go back to using the Dupont Teflon wax that I used once for a touch up coat after I put the good stuff on. I have to claybar my car too. I will never buy another black vehicle as long as I live. Unless it's a garage/weekend car and I'm retired. LOL.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio 2011 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
817 Posts
Meguires Tech wax for for.. Meguires Clay bar in the spring, Wax one every 2 months and Quik Detailer after every wash..

·
Registered
Kia Carens 2.0 CRDi GS
155 Posts
2 coats of CG Jetseal 109 followed with either P21S or Pinnacle for the summer and Jetseal again with Colinite 915 for the Winter.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio 2011 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
817 Posts
I use Meguiars NXT tech wax

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,139 Posts

·
Registered
2008 rondo,gone , 2001 olds aurora gone, 2014 Sorento EX awaiting delivery, Finally delivered!
69 Posts
When is the first time you wax your NEW vehicle? And why then?

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
I agree, Turtle Wax Ice! ;)

You'll never get water spots with it either! The 1st rain, water spots usually are the 1st thing that ruins a new wax job.

But, it doesn't last long on the flat black exterior surface

·
Registered
2012 Optima EX-T, 2014 Sorento SXL AWD
254 Posts
When is the first time you wax your NEW vehicle? And why then?
The day I get it home because the paint will never be in better condition.

First I clean with foam from my foam canon attached to my Karcher pressure washer and use a micro mitt. I never use a high pressure stream of water on a vehicle.
DP Xtreme Foam Formula High Yield Foaming Auto Shampoo- Foamaster gun car wash
Results for foam - Search

Once dry I use Klasse All in One cleaner/polish on the first coat. Second coat is Klasse acrylic glaze.
Klasse Car Care Products, Klasse Detailing Products, Klasse Sealant, klasse all in one

·
Super Moderator
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,807 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts