Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to change the stock rim tires of these, will a 14/60/185 fit in this car? how about 14/65/175? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Everybody seems to be ready to change the original Picanto rim from 14in. to 15 or 16 in. including me. Will it affect the suspension or is there any recommended shock absorbers?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by jgotangco@Dec 6 2004, 06:50 AM
I think 16 is pushing it.
Yup.. 16 _IS_ pushing it. I dont think they will even fit. If they do I would strongly recommend you to go see a mechanic about suspension/controls.

/Kasper

·
Registered
Kia Picanto, Nissan Patrol, Renault Laguna
26 Posts
Hello!!!

I have changed my tires to the optional 195/45 R15. Yes, this change affect the suspension and comfort but increases the performace and the sensations a lot. I think is a good change if you drive in good conditons roads.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by revvou_speed@Dec 14 2004, 08:30 PM
the maximum it will fit without a wide body conversion is 17x7 Rims with 205/40/17 tyres :) Cheers
For real??? If you have fitted 17 " rims on your Picanto then feel free to post images of it :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
i place a 16inches rim 195 X45 series,for my picanto here in cebu philippines, and it really looks cool. :D i even droped the front ciol springs by 1and a ahalf inch. :) but pls dont copy my style. :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
joe_teb

just put 205/40/17 tyres on my new 17" rims... NO NO...TO BIG!!! GOING BACK!...... id say without wide arches, even 16" is pushing it...(dealers biggest size is 15/40/175)... im going to try 15/50/195 next... has anyone sucessfully fitted these to a standard picanto??

·
Registered
kia picanto 2005
4 Posts
tire size

recently, i replaced the tires of my picanto to 175/65/14. here in the Philippines, the original tire size cost much. so i decided to replaced it with a bigger one. the ride seems to be more comfortable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi

I have 4 new alloys to fit once the snow clears, they are 15inch with 175/50R15 kumho tyres which is fitted on the picanto 3. Only worry i have is the alloy is 6.5inches wide and the booklet and the label on the door sill states 5.5inch wide.

Will post when i finally get them fitted.

John

P.S I went for kumho as fitted to my 14inch steels which are 165/60R14 as the so called performance tyres most companies sell look like summer dry weather tyres.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

I have 4 new alloys to fit once the snow clears, they are 15inch with 175/50R15 kumho tyres which is fitted on the picanto 3. Only worry i have is the alloy is 6.5inches wide and the booklet and the label on the door sill states 5.5inch wide.

Will post when i finally get them fitted.

John

P.S I went for kumho as fitted to my 14inch steels which are 165/60R14 as the so called performance tyres most companies sell look like summer dry weather tyres.
And after over 4 years he never did Post any pictures...

I too am helping a friend look at lowering the ride height & fit bigger rims with lower profile to keep the right rolling circumference and affset.

Any ideas anyone? Pics would be cool!

·
Registered
2005 Morning
52 Posts
I upgraded our picanto from 165/60 r14 hankook tires cost 2,900 pesos each to 175/65 r14 yokohama a drive 2,400 pesos each because its cheaper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts