Kia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I don't like :

- Hard plastic finish
- Easy going new V6 engine
- Not protected insulation material visible when front doors are opened
- Acquiring signal problems with the satelite radio (Sirius)
- Automatic shade closing when closing sunroof
- Not keeping in memory shuffle mode for playing media music when starting the car
- Rear headrest not retracted automatically when foldind down rear seats
- Single xenon (HID) instead of bi xenon headlights and xenon fog lights for SX (Canada)/SXL trim
- Low efficiency of ventilated seat
- Blind spot detection not efficient for cross rear traffic when exiting backward a parking area
- Nearly useless on board memory (1Go) for my music and not able to copy multiple songs at a time with the nav radio system
- Cheap and outdated front wipers
- Cheap tires
- Front accent LED not used as DRL
- Non shark style antenna
- Non elevated loading bars for SX (Canada)/SXL trim
- Modified floor and trunk liners size preventing using precise fit liners (Weathertec or Husky for example) of previous Sorento models
- To be obliged to hit Agree button to access nav radio system when strating
- No light in the glove box
- More to come

Despite these drawbacks, I definitely like my 2014 Sorento (nice improvments over the 2011 model I got before)

·
Registered
2016 KIA Sorento SX+ 7 seater
547 Posts
#1 not like on my list is difficulty seeing the speedo needle, especially in daylight with sunglasses on.

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
I had the same issue

I had the same issue with the speedometer being hard to read during the day with polarized sunglasses on. Turning up the brightness to the max helped a bit. I guess that is the drawback of an LCD speedometer.

#1 not like on my list is difficulty seeing the speedo needle, especially in daylight with sunglasses on.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX
4 Posts
Totally agree with you on the following...but there is a ton to like though :D
What I don't like :

- Hard plastic finish
- Automatic shade closing when closing sunroof
- Not keeping in memory shuffle mode for playing media music when starting the car
- Blind spot detection not efficient for cross rear traffic when exiting backward a parking area
- Nearly useless on board memory (1Go) for my music and not able to copy multiple songs at a time with the nav radio system
- Front accent LED not used as DRL
- Non shark style antenna

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,757 Posts
"Easy going new V-6 engine"
Would you rather have a ROUGH going new engine?

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Easy going new V-6 engine"
Would you rather have a ROUGH going new engine?
Sorry about that, I am french speaking so sometimes I have hard time to find the good words to explain my points, maybe "sluggish" new engine on normal acceleration !

Let's play : try to make my previous list in French :p

·
Registered
2011 Sorento AWD V6 SX Cherry Black
231 Posts
I've been trying to like the 2014 V6 AWD Sorento. I have a 30K mile 2011. The problem is that I like performance and the 2014 falls flat compared to the 2011( I guess you can't beat cubic inches). We've tried 2 times with a hard sell dealer salesman, one with a low mileage 2014 and now with a 7K mileage one. In each case when we ran side by side, the 2011 just pulled away, not slowly but car lengths by 60mph and increasingly adding distance to 80+mph. Rolling runs were even worse. And he tried! One of my friends have 60K on his and decided to splurge and got Perrilli tires. That change to the 2011 made it a different vehicle! Gone was the slight harsness over small road imperfections, even better and sharper steering control, which the 2014 electric lacks. I wish my tires were wearing, but at my mileage they still have 9/32 left. There's no question the 2014 has a great list of really neat features. Though interestingly, the fuel mileage specs are the same. I get 26-27+ mpg running 70-75mph on the east coast flats. I'm hoping the 2015 may have some more performance. And I know, different strokes for different folks.:)

·
Registered
2014 Sorento EX
56 Posts
It has a speedo needle? I had not noticed. Seriously..it is impossible to see how fast I am going and what time it is, as the clock is unreadable also. Next year a speedo you can actually see may be offered as an option. Perhaps a "Visibility Package" will be available.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX-L, 99 Camry LE, 93 Turbo MR2
30 Posts
It has a speedo needle? I had not noticed. Seriously..it is impossible to see how fast I am going and what time it is, as the clock is unreadable also. Next year a speedo you can actually see may be offered as an option. Perhaps a "Visibility Package" will be available.
If you are wearing sunglasses, it could be the polarization lenses are upside down. Same things happen to iPads and other LCD devices when you turn the screen or the lenses to different orientations.

For the LCD speedometer, I wish there was an option to have the needle overlay the entire display.

·
Registered
2016 KIA Sorento SX+ 7 seater
547 Posts
I read somewhere that Kia recognizes speedo visibility as a problem; wondering if it can be fixed via a firmware or software update.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX - Satin Metal
271 Posts
I've been trying to like the 2014 V6 AWD Sorento. I have a 30K mile 2011. The problem is that I like performance and the 2014 falls flat compared to the 2011( I guess you can't beat cubic inches). We've tried 2 times with a hard sell dealer salesman, one with a low mileage 2014 and now with a 7K mileage one. In each case when we ran side by side, the 2011 just pulled away, not slowly but car lengths by 60mph and increasingly adding distance to 80+mph. Rolling runs were even worse. And he tried! One of my friends have 60K on his and decided to splurge and got Perrilli tires. That change to the 2011 made it a different vehicle! Gone was the slight harsness over small road imperfections, even better and sharper steering control, which the 2014 electric lacks. I wish my tires were wearing, but at my mileage they still have 9/32 left. There's no question the 2014 has a great list of really neat features. Though interestingly, the fuel mileage specs are the same. I get 26-27+ mpg running 70-75mph on the east coast flats. I'm hoping the 2015 may have some more performance. And I know, different strokes for different folks.:)
Really:confused:

You may want to try a Porche Cayenne!;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts