Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car alarm for my 2007 Kia Spectra goes off for no apparent reason. I can get it to shut off with the remote key but it sometimes comes back on again. I took it to the dealership, they claimed they fixed it, but it happened again last night.

Question: Would removing the car alarm fuse work? Or would this also not allow me to start the car if it is not connected? I just want to disable the alarm and not worry about it anymore.

PS: It is a factory installed alarm

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,922 Posts
On the passenger side front strut tower is a "horn"/"alarm" un-plug it... no more noise... Also check the hood trip switch on the same side up towards the front of the engine compartment. The button is pushed down with the hood latched..It is subject to the elements and corrosion..If it becomes intermittent it will trip the alarm.
That's where I'd look...
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave for your reply. I was able to find the horn and unplug it so at least it only flashed the lights. As it turns out, there does not appear to be a fuse for the alarm like there is on some cars (at least that is what the dealership said when I called them). They also suspected that it could be the hood sensor so we will see if it does it again.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio w/ UVO
5 Posts
jmacalvin,

Did you ever get the alarm issue resolved? My 2013 Kia Rio has been doing the same thing lately. Factory alarm goes off randomly. This has been going on for about 3 weeks now.

Im trying to do research before I take it into the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
same

Same here with Kia rio 2007. For now i just pulled the battery lose but really looking for a fix... dealer doesnt have a clue either, so he is planning for a long (and expensive) search :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts