Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Soul Plus 2012
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I purchased my Soul plus from the range that Kia Australia brought into the country to promote the Australian tennis open. The salesman claimed it would be the next big seller here and quoted the sales figures for the States [forgot to tell me they where $10000.00 cheaper over there] .MY QUERY IS ,ARE THERE ANY AUSSIES THAT OWN OR HAVE SEEN A SOUL PLUS ON THE AUSSIE ROADS. I have seen a couple of the 1.6 older models only and Kia has never advertised the Soul, I am concerned that parts. panels will have to come from Korea putting the car off the road for months, also will there be any experienced tech's to do the work or answer questions. Getting an answer from the Kia dealer or Kia Australia is hopeless and I think the reason is they don't know.
It could go two ways here, a rare car worth a good $ or a car no one wants because of parts and service .
regards Peter

·
Registered
kia soul ls 2012
18 Posts
lord_jeorge

[/FONT
Hello from qld [sunshine coast] i own kia soul 1.6 petrol 2012 build which i have accessorised up to a 2 litre spec [no sun roof]
Dealers up here grope in the dark when being asked about sales numbers
When it comes to re sale it will go 1 of 2 ways .... rare veichle under warranty = good resale or rare veichle out of warrranty = rat shit resale
I love the car but have had issues with ill fitting carpets [rectified] and indicator light letting moisture in . My dealer has sent photos i supplied to kia and i am waiting for a response

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,539 Posts
Yours are drive-away prices. Any prices you see on sites for US or Canada or MSRP without on the road price as this varies from state to state and province to province due to the various taxes which vary tremendously.

Looking at the Australian site on the base manual Soul, you have a drive away price of $19,990, here is Ontario Canada a drive away price for that vehicle would be higher. However, vehicles are also not equipped the same from country to country. We get similar comments between Canadian and US vehicles, but its not easy to make a direct comparison due the equipment. The US base model is quite stripped in order to make it a cheap advertising base price. Here is Canada we get more content and also get larger cash discounts than they do in the US. It's still cheaper in the US, but not by much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts