Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Sorento LX 3.3L RWD, 2006 Sportage LX 2.0L
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what happened to the Sorentosite.com forum? I've only made a few posts, but it seems like there are a lot of good people on there.

·
Registered
03'VW Passat - mine | 03'Sorento EX 4X4 - hers
234 Posts
Looks like it's up for payment. I hope it gets resolved soon.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2020 Ram Bighorn. Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,512 Posts
Somebody paid the bill.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento 2WD 3.5---- Now at the Junk yard
62 Posts
Looks like the check bounced! The account is suspended.
Thats too bad. It was another good site for Kia information.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
Looks like the domain registration was paid, but the hosting fees were not... Good chance it'll be back IF the funds are available. It's not cheap to host a high traffic site (at minimum $150/yr for a decent bucket of bandwidth).

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I'm the moderator on sorentosite. I did email one of the administrators a few days ago to see what's up. I have yet to get a response. Once I hear anything I'll let you know.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Subscribed.

I'm sure we could come up with the money if there was a way of getting the word out. I don't think the guy that runs / owns the site even has a Sorento anymore so he may not be willing to pay the fees. There isn't much advertising on that site so I doubt much income is coming in. If we could contact him maybe he could front the money so the site was up and able to get the word out for a fund or something.

I haven't been on this site since '06 because all of the ads give me headaches.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,959 Posts
KiaMech...
Get Adblock Plus for your viewer (Internet Explorer/Firefox)...No more headaches!
Dave

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Subscribed.

I'm sure we could come up with the money if there was a way of getting the word out. I don't think the guy that runs / owns the site even has a Sorento anymore so he may not be willing to pay the fees. There isn't much advertising on that site so I doubt much income is coming in. If we could contact him maybe he could front the money so the site was up and able to get the word out for a fund or something.

I haven't been on this site since '06 because all of the ads give me headaches.
Yeah SS Admin doesn't have a Sorento anymore. I contacted him via PM on sorentosite a few months ago and he made the comment that he hadn't logged in in a very long time. Unfortunately I don't have his email address.

As for LXEdition last I knew his Sorento wasnt doing so well and he hadn't logged in for a while. I do have his email and did email him asking what's going on but i still haven't recieved a response. I'll email him again shortly.

I'd really hate to see the site disappear seeming there's so much info there and good people. I haven't given up yet.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I managed to get hold of the owner. He said its more of an expense than anything now and he's debating on what he wants to do. I asked him how much it cost to keep it running.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento, 2015 Honda Pilot. 2004 Honda Element, 2013 Triumph Speedmaster
31 Posts
I managed to get hold of the owner. He said its more of an expense than anything now and he's debating on what he wants to do. I asked him how much it cost to keep it running.
Thanks Spec SX for your continued work on this. It would be too bad to have a site like this disappear. If the cost is reasonable, maybe those interested in keeping the site going (me included) could help.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I've sent out a second email asking for the price and even offered to pay for it and take over the site if he didn't want to deal with it anymore. I've yet to hear back from him.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Well I haven't heard back from anyone regarding sorentosite. I would be suprised if I did get a response at this point. I wish I could do more but I think I've done everything I can at this time. It really sucks, but it was fun while it lasted. If anything does change I'll post here.

I'd like to start up a new site but don't have the time to start over from the beginning right now.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Here's a little update. I have been in touch with LXEdition an administrator from sorentosite. He doesn't have any ownership rights to the site but we haven't given up on it. Hopefully I'll have another update in the future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's very disappointing. I'd love to help....I've managed sites/forums/web hosting many times for many years. I'm no expert, but I can get the job done and I'm happy to help as well.

Maybe a few of us could buy it off him and we can ask members to pay an annual membership? I pay $10/ year to an aviation site and I'm happy to do so to keep such a fun and educational site up and running.

I don't see why he can't just give one of us the login/account info and wash his hands of it.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Yeah it is very disappointing. It was a very active site for 7 years. I've been around from the beginning. A couple of us have offered to buy it but he won't sell. Instead it's just sitting there in a suspended state.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys I just brought the site back online. I've kind of neglected it but seeing there's still interest I'll come up with a plan to updated and keep it going.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts