Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2.9 auto diesel 02 plate

Hello,

Is Castrol GTD10/40, semi-synthetic and where can I get it?, I tried within an 8mile radius of my neck of the woods, W/London, can I find it?, can I 'eck.

Halfords sell their own brand but I'm not convinced of the quality, some of the Auto shops had their own brands, none of them I reconised, any other decent brands I can look at?

The Vehicle has done 28,000miles and is low on oil, I think it had an oil filter change 8,000miles ago is it worth an oil and filter change or should I just top up and if I change the oil compleatly is it worth flushing the engine first.

I spoke to my two nearest Kia dealers, they did not have in stock automatic transmision fluid, would Dexron 111 or dot 4 be ok or any other decent brand and could I also use this as power stearing fluid.

The car is running fine but is it worth treating it to a bottle of diesel Forte Treatment.
Seacam

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yes do top your oil up!
Any well known brand will be fine, I've been told the Halofrds own brand is of good stock! Plus keep an eye out for thier buy one get one free deals!

Auto trans should use any Dextron 3 fluid, all oil manufacuers make it, yes it is also used for the power steering.
DOT 4 is brake fluid.

I'm a big fan of the fotre products.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ditto the Forte - been using it in my kia no probs a definate noticable physcological difference :grin:
(Supposed to be quite effective prior to a diesel smoke test at mot time too, even my franchised dealers selling it with services.)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Eco,

Finaly found the Castrol oil, penny under £20-00 for 5lt.
Now to order me some Forte, found that via Google for around £15-00inc P&P.
Seacam

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Eco,

Thanks for that,

Can you remember the seller on ebay you bought yours from and was it OK?

I ask because two months ago a buyer bought 3 bottles and got diesel oil for his troubles, the bottles were fake, ebay pulled the seller.

Come to think of it, what does it look like?
Seacam

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello Seacam,
Forte Diesel is in a black bottle, yellow lid, slightly triangular shape. I think its blueish liquid. The last lot I got off ebay was from "lightjet2001" no probs. They have a website as well if you google it.
Eco

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Eco,

No worries, I bought my self some off e-bay for £6.50
along with some engine flush.
Seacam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts