Kia Forum banner

What Do You Think These Codes Mean $$ Wise

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  kimmytoo 
#1 ·
The codes are P1121, P0122, P0452, P0101 & P1624

My husband is out of town picking up our kids -- and the stupid car breaks down (72,000 miles -- been good so far)

He said it won't hardly go uphill and sputters - fine on flat ground unless he 'punches' the gas pedal (which I don't know why he does that anyhow -- HELLO, 4-cylinder...)

Anyone have any idea what may be wrong and if should have it towed to a garage on monday or to a dealer? ((he rented a car and is on way home -- has to be at work in the AM, so he couldn't hang around until the dealer opened on Monday))

Please help!

Discussion starter · #4 ·
well -- the dealer replaced the alternator and we almost got it home, but the fan flew off when we were almost in Raleigh, so we had to have it towed and then fixed. Haven't driven it much since until today. Today, same thing. Check engine light and hold light flashing, won't accelerate worth a poop. Spent $750 so far, and still isn't fixed....

Discussion starter · #5 ·
well -- back from the dealer (again). And they said that the TCP module had a bad connection and that they replaced it and it is fixed... I picked it up and didn't even make it home before it did the exact same thing AGAIN! $92 for today's excursion -- and it's still not fixed. Now, if I go over 55 it backs down a gear and loses power (even if you put it in cruise...)

what in the world -- and HOW do I get someone to fix it????? How many times do I have to pay the dealer to keep on fixing the wrong thing???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.