1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I found this address
http://www.wooddash.com/item/KIA_Dash_Kits_RIO_2012_UP
in a previous post about after market parts. What do you think of this one. The interior of my Rio is almost pitch black with only the interior of the roof in beige. So this is not what I can call a luminous interior. I thought about adding touches of color here and there. The faux wood or faux carbon would probably make the interior livelier. I would put these insets on the armrests where are the door and window controls. Maybe on the vents too. Do you think it could make the interior look tacky or out of touch with the intentioned design?

·
Registered
Rio5 SX, White/Beige leather, UVO
17 Posts
I personally find the brushed aluminum set would make the SX premium interior pretty swank!
It's a shame the dash bits only fit the non-uvo base radio though.
Oh look, they're on sale too :)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS
95 Posts
I personally find the brushed aluminum set would make the SX premium interior pretty swank!
It's a shame the dash bits only fit the non-uvo base radio though.
Oh look, they're on sale too :)
I like the brushed aluminium look too. Just wish they made a set for the right hand drive 3 door :(
Maybe one day :)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
464 Posts
I like the brushed aluminium look too. Just wish they made a set for the right hand drive 3 door :(
Maybe one day :)
There is a company down here in VIC that does the reskin stuff. They were based out in Clayton and usually took them around 1-2years after a car was launched to come up with panel inserts. More popular cars they do it quicker but they can also do custom sets.

Not sure if they are still around anymore though. I found out about them over 2years ago and they were only a small business.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
Though they can look cool, the thing I don't like about dash kits (and I've tried a few over the years) is that they eventually start delaminating. Due to the changing temperatures within the car over the seasons, you'll find that the outer surface will peel away from the spongy 3M adhesive stuff. And then it either looks like crap or you try to save it with crazy glue....

Looking at the Sherwood kit Racineur linked to, I'd say they are one of the best manufacturers, for sure. So perhaps one would get lucky and not suffer from the dreaded delamination. But personally, I wouldn't take the chance anymore - especially with all the rounded little surfaces the Rio has.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS
95 Posts
There is a company down here in VIC that does the reskin stuff. They were based out in Clayton and usually took them around 1-2years after a car was launched to come up with panel inserts. More popular cars they do it quicker but they can also do custom sets.

Not sure if they are still around anymore though. I found out about them over 2years ago and they were only a small business.
Will keep my out in the future for them then. Can't even find visors for the 3door anywhere yet which I am really wanting to get. All in good time I guess :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts