Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true you can find the eaxact day/date when your Kia was made just by looking at a label on the drivers door pillar. It will also show what country it was built in. Has anyone any idea how to decipher the numbers and letters on these labels please?

·
Registered
78 Posts
No, only the KIA information system can give you the exact day the car was built. Position 10 is the model year (A=2010, B=2011, C=2012) All ceeds are made at the same factory in Zilina, Slovakia.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you going to throw it a birthday party and invite all its friends? ;-)
My poor car has no friends:( but I did see it try to kerb mount a Hyundai i30 the other day:lol:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you going to throw it a birthday party and invite all its friends? ;-)
I needed to know the month of production at least. I purchased a new Hyundai/Kia car recently which was Pre-Registered which makes it technically 2nd hand. However, the car was only released in this country in May of this year and by law the dealers have to keep pre-reg cars for at least 90days before they are allowed to get round this law. So, I got the tear off portion of the V5C and the dealer was going to post the other part of the document to Swansea. So, he may hold on to the document until the 90 days are up before posting to Swansea which is illegal. I suppose I should have insisted on taking V5C with me but I trusted the Hyundai Dealership. So, no birthday party until V5C arrives.:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts