Kia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2021 3.5L AWD EX (GCC Spec), 7 seater
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the intended purpose for the clips under the center console lid? To hold documents? Sunglasses? Curious about its actual intended purpose, couldn’t find anything online.
White Light Rectangle Gadget Bumper

·
Registered
475 Posts
My Sporty has them as well, I use them for extra sunglasses.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige - X-Line (a mouth full)
156 Posts
My Sporty has them as well, I use them for extra sunglasses.
I liked that answer until I tried it. The clips are too tight to hold my glasses and the glasses fit nicely in the tray below.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2021 3.5L AWD EX (GCC Spec), 7 seater
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I liked that answer until I tried it. The clips are too tight to hold my glasses and the glasses fit nicely in the tray below.
You can stretch it out to fit your glasses if you wish but I don’t think that’s the actual purpose for these.

Wife made the bizarre suggestion that it’s for CD’s considering the width and the circle in the middle…except I imagine they would scratch the CDs and there are no CD slots in the car…

My best guess so far is that it’s to hold cables. I fold/roll up my iphone cable and squeeze it in under them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You can stretch it out to fit your glasses if you wish but I don’t think that’s the actual purpose for these.

Wife made the bizarre suggestion that it’s for CD’s considering the width and the circle in the middle…except I imagine they would scratch the CDs and there are no CD slots in the car…

My best guess so far is that it’s to hold cables. I fold/roll up my iphone cable and squeeze it in under them.
Your wife gets an A for effort and imagination. And she's right, the circle must have a purpose or why bother.
Cables, Cd's, parking tickets, sunglasses.... Maybe a map holder? But who uses a map these days.
Maybe there's a Korean product that is unknown most places that fits perfectly.
Wait, I know, it's a conversation piece. But then, why hide it.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
926 Posts
I just discovered them in our 2013 Nissan Rogue and put the registration in them, I was thinking it was such a good idea. :D

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX
120 Posts
I've been under the assumption for many years that you don't keep your registration in the car; you keep it in your wallet or purse.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks, I'm making use of those strange clips now with important receipts, health and car insurance, title, giftcards.
Publication Font Newspaper News Tints and shades

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
333 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
926 Posts
I've been under the assumption for many years that you don't keep your registration in the car; you keep it in your wallet or purse.
Don't know about your state, but in PA your registration must be in the car whenever you are driving it. Unless you're the only driver that will ever drive the car, keeping the stuff in your wallet will be a PITA. Besides, I don't need more stuff packing my wallet when the only time I'll need it is in the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts