Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
two 96 Kia Sephias, 1987 Subaru Hatchback,2004 Dodge SRT-4,2004 Dodge Neon,2004 Ford F-150,1986 Ford
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1996 Kia Sephia with a 1.8 liter engine. Sometimes I run the Kia on the dirt road, but the Kia's front struts would leak oil. I need to find a strut that can take the rough roads. Which struts would someone recommend? I thought about the KBY, any other ideas? And where would I obtain them?

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,694 Posts
ShiKia said:
I have 1996 Kia Sephia with a 1.8 liter engine. Sometimes I run the Kia on the dirt road, but the Kia's front struts would leak oil. I need to find a strut that can take the rough roads. Which struts would someone recommend? I thought about the KBY, any other ideas? And where would I obtain them?
If you are running on rough dirt roads, it may not have been too smart to go to the 16"/40 profile tires mentioned in your other thread. That's really a street profile.

Regards

·
Registered
two 96 Kia Sephias, 1987 Subaru Hatchback,2004 Dodge SRT-4,2004 Dodge Neon,2004 Ford F-150,1986 Ford
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 Kias

I have two Kias, I'm relating to the stock tires, but where I live there's really nothing you can do about my situation. I still need to know which struts are the best for the road condition. Thanks...

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,694 Posts
ShiKia said:
I have two Kias, I'm relating to the stock tires, but where I live there's really nothing you can do about my situation. I still need to know which struts are the best for the road condition. Thanks...
OK, not a mind reader. Maybe the struts leak simply because they are old?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which struts are dependable?

I still need to know what struts are the most dependable. I read somewhere that someone raced 1st generation Sephias on the dirt road or one of those rally races, wondering what type of struts they used. Thanks...if you can, maybe you can answer my techometer question too. Go to interior and exterior section.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,129 Posts
kyb brand!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,129 Posts
LMFAO!!! :D
Sounds like someone is a little annoyed! HAHA! =P
Not in least bit!