Kia Forum banner

161 - 163 of 163 Posts

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,875 Posts
Do I have this correct, the engine that you rebuilt has now failed?

·
Registered
12' Sportage SX, 05 BMW Z4, 92 Geo Metro Convertible, 95 Kawasaki GPZ1100, 82' Yamaha Maxim 1100
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Do I have this correct, the engine that you rebuilt has now failed?
Hey Ron, sorry for the delay in responding! Yes, it did fail. It was the first time that car has ever done a freeway trip. I'm assuming the whole issue is probably due to a leaking injector, since the engine died from fuel being in the oil this time. Lost compression, destroyed the bearings. Didn't make it 500 miles after I replaced the damaged exhaust valve. And now, it wasn't towing anything :) The tow package was completely removed before it even hit the road again.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,875 Posts
Hey Ron, sorry for the delay in responding! Yes, it did fail. It was the first time that car has ever done a freeway trip. I'm assuming the whole issue is probably due to a leaking injector, since the engine died from fuel being in the oil this time. Lost compression, destroyed the bearings. Didn't make it 500 miles after I replaced the damaged exhaust valve. And now, it wasn't towing anything :) The tow package was completely removed before it even hit the road again.
The confirmation that I was after was that you rebuilt the engine yourself and it then failed - I don't see widespread reports of systemic failures and Kia rejecting warranty, so this is an isolated case, and a case where we have only your side of the story.

You are welcome to report on your bad luck with your Kia product, but we don't allow vendettas or hate campaigns here, so please remove the content of your signature.

161 - 163 of 163 Posts