Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and backup camera was black with red and blue lines. Proximity sensors worked but no camera. Tried it 3 or 4 times same issue. Shut it off, went into the house to get my phone to film it for the dealer and it is working. I will just have to make sure I have my camera next time. Rain and sleet about 33 degrees.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Sleet sunds like the best excuse. Sleet can affect the side and front warnings also.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,590 Posts
Talking a pic does not help you. If the camera goes down and you bring it in and it's still down, Kia will replace the camera under your warranty. If you bring it in and the camera works, as it should, there is no pic that you can show them that make them replace it, being it's working at that time.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sleet sunds like the best excuse. Sleet can affect the side and front warnings also.
Joe -I went back and wiped it off with a microfiber towel and backed up again, still black.
Cobra - thanks for the info, but it would be documentation (proof) if it happens again and again. I don't expect it to, but you never know.

·
Registered
2016 Rio SX Hatch
365 Posts
The camera in my Rio has packed it in, due to moisture penetration over a period some time. Our Sportage camera is still working fine though.

If you can find a self serve car wash with an air hose and blow it out as best as you can. Not saying it will work, but it's worth a shop if the temps warm up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts