Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I always leave my headlights switch on. When I leave the car, I usually double hit the lock fob and the lights go out. If I don't, the headlights still go off at 30 seconds.

I returned after a few minutes, I found headlights were off but parking lights were still on. The I discovered I left the keys in the ignition. How thoughtful of Kia!

I'm not thrilled with it alerting to the world "Hey! There's keys in the ignition!" But at least the car has a way of alerting something ain't right....

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 // LX Clear White w/ Pwr Pkg
83 Posts
Ooooh, I didnt know about the double-tap for the lights...I guess I should have RTFM. :)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX mtx
181 Posts
I have manual locks (hence, no fob), but I, too, leave my light switch on sometimes. The headlights go off immediately upon turning the key off, but the parking lights stay on until the key is removed.

·
Registered
2012 Rio LX 2012 Soul+ 2.o
61 Posts
I have never turned my lights off . . . . so far a year in and no problem. The LX has many wonders. I personally love that. As they go off when I leave the car I never have to remember to turn them on in inclimate weather etc or turn them off if I leave for work in the dark and arrive in the light.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
2013 SX sedan always turns off in either "On" or "Auto" mode. Very handy:).Just wish the front LEDs would work in "Auto" mode & without the Headlamp daytime running lights on :mad:

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. Have to hand it to whoever thought out the little intuitive and common sense perks. Korean, German, or whoever did this work. Nicely done. I enjoy still finding little things that make sense.

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
also at night if you need more light after the car shuts its headlights off automatically @ 30seconds, then just hit unlock again and it'll give you another 30sec. Then lock it again when done. Although at least on Oz-spec models, the car re-locks itself if you don't open the handle after unlocking it in 30 sec or a minute or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts