Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage SL 2013
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some weird rattling noise from driver side after driving above 90 to 100km/h and It gets louder on higher speed.Thats in addition to the wind noise from windscreen or tyres. Noise is coming from A pillar or from front bonnet. Some rattling noise like u heard in video. Like some loose parts hitting plastic or metal noise. Service centre didn't manage to find anything loose. What's the potential culprits? Can share ur thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sportage EX AWD
133 Posts
My Sportage has developed a rattle, 2 actually. Both of them are a ticking sound located in the front doors somewhere in the middle and very close to the B-pillars. What's weird is that they're the same ticking sounds and they are coming from the same location on each of the front doors. Also, lowering the windows on each of the door, even very slightly, will drastically reduce the ticking sound or make it go away completely. Applying pressure anywhere on the door panel or window will make it go away also. I have probably taken each of the front door panels off 10-15 times trying to find and fix the rattle but still haven't been able to fix it. I think it might not be the door panel but something else inside the metal door frame.

·
Registered
2007 Sorento LX
6 Posts
My Sportage has developed a rattle, 2 actually. Both of them are a ticking sound located in the front doors somewhere in the middle and very close to the B-pillars. What's weird is that they're the same ticking sounds and they are coming from the same location on each of the front doors. Also, lowering the windows on each of the door, even very slightly, will drastically reduce the ticking sound or make it go away completely. Applying pressure anywhere on the door panel or window will make it go away also. I have probably taken each of the front door panels off 10-15 times trying to find and fix the rattle but still haven't been able to fix it. I think it might not be the door panel but something else inside the metal door frame.
I am also having the same problem on both sides on my 2007 Sorento! I also thought maybe something had broken inside, (I have replaced all four door handles) Have taken the front door panels off and can find nothing. Have you had any luck figuring out what is causing the noise?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts