Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 7-seater
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have been waiting this out for a while to see if it will be fixed, but there is a serious page loading problem that has been happening ever since the website change. When navigating to topics, it will load the header, but the rest of the page will be blank and take anywhere from 30-60 seconds to load the rest, or it doesn't load at all. I noticed that people complained about this in a previous topic, but I thought that this needed it's own topic. Can an administrator please comment on this problem, it really takes away from this great site.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,793 Posts
The new web site is really becoming a pain in the butt.

The web site is frustratingly slow since the latest upgrade.

It bogs down while waiting for "adopt.specificclick.net"

Yes the new web site cosmetics are better, but give me back the old fast web site any day.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 7-seater
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will pm admin about this issue. For some reason its working fine for me.
Thanks for looking into this. Not sure why it wouldn't be the same on your computer, but it definitely is still happening. Even when I clicked on this thread, it loaded the header, and then I had to click refresh a few times before it finally loaded the rest of the page.

·
Registered
09 Cobalt
429 Posts
Found things work much better if I use Mozilla.

When using IE6 it's intermittent, at times it just sits there and looks at ya'.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,793 Posts
For those of you that use Mozilla check this out Adblock Plus: Save your time and traffic Its a plug-in that blocks ads and it may speed you up a bit.
Thanks for that - it sure helps.

It's gone from bogging down 5 out of 10 attempts, only 1 out of 10 attempts.

On the left the one add is a Flash 9, and I could not block this but right click and select low quality image.

I still have it bog down some times with "waiting for adopt.specificclick.net"

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul, 1.6hdi auto, in Mixx trim, White over Powder Blue
650 Posts
I love this forum but hate the speed at which I have to wait for the pages to load (IE6 here). As others have said it sometimes takes 3 or 4 attempts to refesh the page before it loads, gotta be something wrong somewhere!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Want to know the cause of this issue?

Well, I will be glad to tell you what it is...

The problem is that this site is full of trashy/bad URL's, Ads, tracking cookies, spyware/adware/malware that you almost can't navigate it if you have any measure of security on your system.

I know because I can interactively SEE the stuff that is being BLOCKED during the simple loading of any one page here. During the load, it sometimes hangs because of all the trash that is also loading, and I think also that it hangs at times when certain things are blocked... as the request to load what you are actually asking the server to serve you doesn't ever make it to get processed after the block.

If you are having no trouble at all here using internet explorer... well I strongly suggest you install and run a good spyware/adware/malware program (a known legit one like Spybot or Adaware) to clean all this crap off your system.

The powers that be here... whoever they are need to do something about this. Just being honest... hope I don't get banned for it...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Many, including myself, have found it works better with Mozella.
If you are using firefox, just click to load any page and watch the text in the status bar at the bottom of the screen and you'll see exactly what I mean about all the junk that loads in addition to the ONE url you just requested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts